Please someone outbid me...

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
It seemed like a good idea at the time - it’s only 200-odd quid but that’s 200-odd I don’t have and Mrs O will have my nuts for a necklace.

43 mins and counting ... 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15477
    no linky, but can't you retract a bid on ebay?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• A link really would help on this! 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Fuck it - I’m going to ride it out! (I am conflicted)

I’m £40 ahead with 29m to go :-/ 

Red ones are better. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    what is it?  i cant bear the tension of not knowing:)
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2394
    Oooh, but that is nice, though. If it was a folk size not a Dread I'd be all over it.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15477
    erm, liverpool is a bit of a trek to pick it up. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    You may have a get-out even if you win - that cracking around the binding below the endpin is not an 'age-related mark', it's had a bump and is more serious damage, the joint has probably separated slightly and the wood to the left of the centre seam has split by the look of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    You could email the seller right now and say you've spotted those issues and ask for more pictures, and you may have to pull out if it's not as described. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Is it an old one? 
    I pinged him around the time I posted to say I’d made a mistake and could he cancel my bid - if he’d ignored that I’d have done the honourable thing.

Just looked and he has done so, so that’s cool.

The main reason I decided to pull out was my confusion over the model name. It’s an old Korean one - it seems back then “S” meant solid top, whereas the same model
    name exists in the current range and means ALL solid - which I thought this was.

Anyway, I got out, hopefully the 2nd placed guy buys it from him
    Red ones are better. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    Didn't sell, it's been relisted. He's still not being honest about the cracks near the end pin, it does look more serious than just marks in the lacquer. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Don't re-bid - I had a Sigma - the neck was like a rollercoaster, really badly warped. Didn't sound that good either.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Looks like it sold to me? 

I think I can see a crack in the top as well.
    No I’m not going to - I shouldn’t have in he first place - feel bad for gaffing him about, lesson learned 
    Red ones are better. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1590
    As I learned the other day... just buy it, don't pay, you can't leave negative feedback as a seller :) But I do get to put him on my blocked list... bet he has sleepless nights over that.
    Looks like it sold to me? 

I think I can see a crack in the top as well.
    Looks like the buyer pulled out.

I think the one in the top is just in the lacquer - it doesn't follow the wood grain at the bridge end, and even though it does further down I can't see any evidence of separation.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    TimmyO said:
    No I’m not going to - I shouldn’t have in he first place - feel bad for gaffing him about, lesson learned 
    You've wasted everybody's time according to the seller.
    I want you to go away and think about what you've done.
    Sassafras said:
    TimmyO said:
    You've wasted everybody's time according to the seller.
    I want you to go away and think about what you've done.
    Technically he's correct, I accept that.

He's also aware that the model name means something different now than it did - would take him 5 seconds to clarify that in the listing.

You used to be able to offer it to next highest bidder's bid - perhaps if he's not done that then he wasn't happy with what it would have got to without my bid? If that's the case I've done him a favour in a roundabout sort of way :-) 

(But yeah, I get that it was my bad - lesson learned)
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

Technically he's correct, I accept that.

He's also aware that the model name means something different now than it did - would take him 5 seconds to clarify that in the listing.

You used to be able to offer it to next highest bidder's bid - perhaps if he's not done that then he wasn't happy with what it would have got to without my bid? If that's the case I've done him a favour in a roundabout sort of way :-) 

(But yeah, I get that it was my bad - lesson learned)
    I disagree - although he did supply one blurred picture showing the damage, his description of 'age related marks' is misleading. You had every right to cancel your bid.