Collings OM1 used price

What's Hot
hi there

Could anyone give me a rough idea on price for a year old OM1 Collings?  Very good condition, home use only guitar. Looks like the price has gone up on new ones now, does that effect used prices? 

I’ve come to the conclusion it’s way more than I need. 

Thanks for any help, I’ve not been playing much resently and not sure on prices at the mo.

cheers
Bruce

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4181
    edited November 2017
    Don’t know about that model, but to respond to part of your question, I’m not seeing used prices going up in response to the new prices going up as far as the standard models are concerned. I don’t think too many people are paying these new prices tbh. Guitar Village have new D2H and OM2Hs for £4.3k ... that’s crazy. I’m a Collings fanboy and no way I’d pay that for a Sitka-topped standard model.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Not sure the new prices have bedded in yet, in the sense that, as Lewy says, are the instruments are really selling at these prices? And I've heard least one dealer say that they are selling their old stock at the new prices on instruction from Collings - so dealers have to advertise at the higher price but might still do at deal at the old price. In 12 months from now, the higher prices will be more established and perhaps you might get a better price (or it might be easier to get a higher price) if the guitar stays in the same condition. If you need to sell now, I guess £2.5 - £3k is the range of expectation; the lower price for the quick sale, the higher price if you're prepared to hold out.
  • £2000 is the price 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks All! 

Have you you seen any that low @Wazmeister ? (Hope all is well!)

cheers
    bruce

• Bruce,

I've just sold one that low !!! And mine was a Custom...

And it was resold via eBay for the same again...

Gorgeous guitars, just a bit too 'stiff' for me personally.

Maybe start at £2500 - but the market on higher end stuff seems quiet at the moment, imho.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ouch. Thanks mate! Much appreciated. 
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Lovely looking guitar that Waz!