Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show Us Your Overdrive Pedals...

What's Hot

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Ro_S said:
    @pmg ;; -  

yes, but it was before that name was used.  It has NOS Russian military valves.

it is serial no, #131.  i also have #118, but that has a different enclosure and no graphics.

@Ro_S ;Nice.  I have one in a black box now called dual valve distortion.  It’s an absolute beast of a pedal!  Good choice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    I think I'm down to my last 3 ODs... incredible...

What's yours look like ?

Pretty! What's that Barber Direct Drive like? Good colours, too... :)

I'm still experimenting and probably have way too much...

LTR: Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop + Klon Centaur.

LTR: Pete Cornish NG-2 (NPD YAY) + 85 Proco RAT + Analogman King of Tone + Shin's Music Dumbloid + Spaceman Sputnik.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Ro_S said:
    @pmg ;; -  

it is serial no, #131.  i also have #118, but that has a different enclosure and no graphics.

I remember when these came out but never got round to trying one. Isn't there some sort of Six by Seven connection?
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    JEPBLEP said:

I'm still experimenting and probably have way too much...

LTR: Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop + Klon Centaur.

LTR: Pete Cornish NG-2 (NPD YAY) + 85 Proco RAT + Analogman King of Tone + Shin's Music Dumbloid + Spaceman Sputnik.
    Awesome! 6K pedalboard with bargain bin cables though? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    lol
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• @JEPBLEP What I love most about all those is that the Rat is the cheapest and almost certainly best ;)

What's the Sputnik? I don't know how it sounds, but it looks brilliant!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited November 2017
    What's the Sputnik? I don't know how it sounds, but it looks brilliant!
    I dunno, but it's by Spaceman Effects so it's VERY expensive - and probably bought new.    'Probably just a fancy Fuzz Face with a fancy aesthetic. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    @BBBlues - ha! This is just to mess around with layout and order - I’ve got a bag of Evidence Audio SIS and Hicon plugs and cable, but still figuring out the final layout before I start cutting everything to length if that makes sense :)

@stickyfiddle - It’s pretty brilliant, and very versatile for a fuzz - what sold me was this demo by CME: 
    https://youtu.be/KdKvDRio0pA - for my usage I use it in its lowest and mildest settings, where it’s surprisingly “responsive” (if you can say that about a fuzz). And yes, it’s super pretty - Spaceman does all these limited runs of different finishes, so there’s something for everyone.

@Ro_S - yup. And limited. And more easy to fit onto a pedalboard.
  • I don't generally like fuzz pedals, but that does sound really good...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    JEPBLEP said:

@Ro_S - yup. And limited. And more easy to fit onto a pedalboard.
    How many trannies does it have?  Is it based on certain vintage fuzz pedal?

edited November 2017
    pmg said:
    Ro_S said:
    @pmg ;;;; -  

@Ro_S ;;;Nice.  I have one in a black box now called dual valve distortion.  It’s an absolute beast of a pedal!  Good choice
    I got both used for about £55 each.   
     Kingsley/TPS fanboys going on about their Pageboys etc make me smirk.  Anyone would think they are the only tube dirt pedals in existence.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_S said:

Kingsley/TPS fanboys going on about their Pageboys etc make me smirk.  Anyone would think they are the only tube dirt pedals in existence.
    Have you played one ?
    Ro_S said:

Have you played one ?

A Kingsley/TPS fanboy?  No.   That not my thing.

Have they played another tube pedal?

• @Ro_S - go on then, I'll play...

Have you played a Kingsley pedal ?
    edited November 2017
    @Ro_S - go on then, I'll play...

Have you played a Kingsley pedal ?
    No, I haven't.  They're too expensive (for me), and not easy to access to try out.  I wouldn't buy one.   
    I virtually never spend more than £100 on any pedal, and I virtually never buy new.  I'm very frugal.

Your question is besides the point, though. 

The point I was making was, have the Kingsley fanboys all tried other proper tube pedals?  Cos I get the impression that many of them just like to eulogise about their expensive trendy Kingsley pedals on forums as if they're the only tube pedals to exist.
    ... and then some end up selling them cos they're so brilliant.

• No, the point is... you haven't played a Kingsley... there may be a reason why they cost more...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    i used to own a coopersonic such as yours @Ro_S enjoyed it very much and did get to A/B it with 2 Kingsley pedals, the Jester and the Page, personally i found the coopersonic to be a far less cultured/refined pedal, the Kingsleys oozed class, sounded absolutely fantastic, needless to say the coopersonic went, the Kingsleys stayed. More expensive for  reason....
    mgaw said:
    i used to own a coopersonic such as yours @Ro_S enjoyed it very much and did get to A/B it with 2 Kingsley pedals, the Jester and the Page, personally i found the coopersonic to be a far less cultured/refined pedal, the Kingsleys oozed class, sounded absolutely fantastic, needless to say the coopersonic went, the Kingsleys stayed. More expensive for  reason....
    I like less refined sounds.  Good to know.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    Kingsley pedals have been around for a long time, even before TPS would you believe.   I dont think they are "trendy" to a lot of folk "in the know"..it does sound tht you have only heard of them recently and jumped to the conclusion they are just a trendy boutique brand.

My understanding is they have been painstakingly developed over the years by a hardworking chap called Simon Jarrett who many think is a bit of a genius, he also happens to be a fantastic guitarist (see below)  respectully @Ro_S ; it may be better to reign it in a bit..i have owned Kingsley pedals for over 5 years as have others on here thats a long trend.  check him out, the real deal me thinks and deserves a bit of respect dont you think

I wasn't disrespecting Kingsley pedals or their maker.    I was on about the owners and the more recent trend