Zoom MS50G vs Zoom MS70CDR Also: MIDI control?

What's Hot
colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
edited November 2017 in FX
Is there any discernible difference between these units after the recent updates?

I know the MS50G has amp sims and overdrives which the MS70CDR does not have; but apart from that...?

I've also read varying reports on the MS70CDR having better hardware/converters/DSP. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.

I'm leaning towards the MS50G for the extra patches but still unsure. Help?

And if you have either to sell....let me know

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You've gone off the M5 then?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• You've gone off the M5 then?
    Not particularly - the Zoom just has more options at a smaller footprint. I have sold the M5 but i'd buy it again in the future just for the filters!
  • I was surprised how good my MG50 was, particularly for drives but also some of the weird verbs etc. Not tried it as a pure modeller but if that’s not why you’re buying it then I guess it doesn’t matter either way!!

I’d be surprised if there was any really difference on the insides of all three 50/75/100 other than additional hardware (stereo in, Bluetooth receiver etc). If you don’t need stereo ins then just go for whatever is cheapest!!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    I've had both and stuck with the MS-70CDR and welcomed the recent, free firmware updates.
    As useful as the 50 is, I thought it sucked tone or didn't work as well with my other pedals, even when the amp sims, overdrives, compression were taken out. Not the case with the 70.
    Handy units to have on your board and great value
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any advances on this? Anyone else experience tone suck with either models?

Also am looking at getting one of these to control it: http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-midi-converter?keyword=MIDI host

Anyone do something like that with a Midi controller? I'm using a Musicom Lab EFX LE.
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    No tone suck from my experience with the MS100bt.