Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars

What's Hot
MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
Taking the wife and mother-in-law for a shopping trip to Chelmsford on Friday, being as I am a dutiful husband and son-in-law.  And rather than pay the extortionate parking fees, it makes much more sense for me to carry on up the A12 to check out the humongous Peach shop!  That's how to plan a day off work...

:)
Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Yes, that'll certainly save you money...
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And what a Friday to choose! Take your cash/card and enjoy!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Excellent Idea!! I really should do the same!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    You’re not gonna leave that place without spending a huge amount of money. It’s like the Disneyland of Guitar shops 
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    edited November 2017
    No, I'll not spend anything.  I'm an utter tightwad, and crap in guitar shops - I've been playing for over 30 years, but I still get intimidated by places like that.  Still like to visit (and not touch anything) though.
    Mark de Manbey

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    MrBump said:
    carry on up the A12 to check out the humongous Peach shop!  
    There aren't many good reasons to drive on the A12.

But getting to Peach is one of them.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    TTony said:

There aren't many good reasons to drive on the A12.
    Dunno, you can get away from Ipswich on the A12!...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Might be better not to touch anything given your name @MrBump

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Adamski said:
    You’re not gonna leave that place without spending a huge amount of money. It’s like the Disneyland of Guitar shops 
    A few years ago, my musical collaborator visited Peach with the intention of treating himself for his fiftieth birthday. He chose a PRS Custom but insisted on a discontinued colour. This meant ordering specially from the factory. Knowing that there would be a lengthy delay before delivery, my friend accidentally purchased some limited edition Taylor cutaway acoustic. Total expenditure? Don't ask.  B)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Might be better not to touch anything given your name @MrBump
    Though he could usefully comment on anything in the Classifieds....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Well, I went and it was pretty damn awesome - although bloody cold!  They've got a great selection of stuff.  Couple of standouts were their Xotic range - I'm not a fan of relic guitars, but these are sublime.  And they had a superb Schecter Sultan - if I had the cash, I reckon it'd be mine...
    Mark de Manbey

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited November 2017
    I messaged them earlier via FB for a deal 
  • MrBump said:
    Well, I went and it was pretty damn awesome - although bloody cold!  They've got a great selection of stuff.  Couple of standouts were their Xotic range - I'm not a fan of relic guitars, but these are sublime.  And they had a superb Schecter Sultan - if I had the cash, I reckon it'd be mine...
    Good to talk. I’d knocked off the main fan heater as we were filming a Facebook live video in the saloon bit and it’s a bit on the noisey side! The temperature was still 18 degrees in there. We take temperature and humidity readings every hour in there and in the acoustic rooms. 
  • MrBump said:
    Well, I went and it was pretty damn awesome - although bloody cold!  
    Really?  I thought the new place had solved that problem.  I guess they're trying to relic all their nitro guitars.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • MrBump said:
    Really?  I thought the new place had solved that problem.  I guess they're trying to relic all their nitro guitars.
    There’s no problem with the temperature in the shop. It’s bang on. Usually it sits at around 18 degrees and a humidity of 45-55%. That’s what Martin and Taylor want, so who are we to argue!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cold? I've never found that to be the case. I remember asking John, the owner about this when the new shop opened as it's such a big place.

He explained it to me in some detail - it went over my head a bit to be honest!   They clearly take maintaining optimal temperature and humidity for their guitars very seriously.

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I’ve been to Peach many, many times (the new superstore) and it is THE best Guitar store when it comes to humidity and temperature control. They have millions worth of stock in there, it would be the equivalent of owning a Lambourgini and treating it like it’s a Lada, sitting on the plush leather interior with your bare arse and washing it with a sandpaper cloth. 

I have never gone in there and gone “it’s a bit chilly” or “it’s a bit warm”. It’s always been very consistent and it’s one of the reasons why I buy my stuff there. 

If youre personally feeling cold in there, they make a decent cup of coffee. 

• leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    edited November 2017
    MrBump said:
    Would you care to elaborate? Bought many a guitar from peach never had an issue with any guitar ive bought from there and 2 of the 4 guitars i still own are from there and absolute keepers , ill relic em myself
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    MrBump said:
    Having just spent a month trying to relic my PJ bass with lacquer checking I can confirm that they would have to have their aircon on a -5 to +60 Celsius cycle day in day out to get any sort of relicing at all...
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    I've never been though I've used them a fair bit, excellent service, I rang them today over my new order (Ahem), they were insanely cheerful and probably mental busy but still had a good convo. I'm frightened if I ever visit they won't be able to get me back out the door!