VOX AC15 TBX

seansseans Frets: 25
edited November 2017 in Amps
I have a 1999 AC15 TBX, which has a blue Celestion Alnico speaker, reverb and trem. Looks like I have to sell it as I have just received a Lazy J and have been looking everywhere for any previous sales of this amp. Clearly these don't come up for sale very often as there are no past for sale adds out there anywhere that I can find. Anyone here able to help me out with a rough value of this incredible amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No more than a CC or C. People will list them £500+ but I’ve never got more than £400 for one. 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

The blue speaker its what will get it priced about a modern AC15....well, one that has a greenback in I mean. The one you have IIRC is just top boost channel only ie no normal channel. The current Chinese ones have both.. Yours has no reverb/trem/FX loop and master volume....but is more like a vintage AC15 in that regard!

• siraxeman said:

The blue speaker its what will get it priced about a modern AC15....well, one that has a greenback in I mean. The one you have IIRC is just top boost channel only ie no normal channel. The current Chinese ones have both.. Yours has no reverb/trem/FX loop and master volume....but is more like a vintage AC15 in that regard!

The Marshall built one has trem and reverb, but you are correct about the rest 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I was gonna go n check, but didn't....I know my old AC30TBX had no verb on it though...thought the 15 might be the same but  i'll take yer word! :)
  • siraxeman said:

The Marshall built one has trem and reverb, but you are correct about the rest 
    No, it has a master volume as well. These are cleaner and sound more Voxy than more recent ones imho. 

They don’t seem to sell for as much as they did a few years ago. People don’t know much about them and want newer ones I guess. There’s one on ebay now you might want to keep an eye on, albeit the Eminence speaker version.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    These are very nice sounding amps. I think they were a Bedrock design. Whatever happened to Bedrock?

They're not a 15 watt AC30 which is probably why they're not well known, but they're nice amps.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72211
    Dodge said:

They're not a 15 watt AC30 which is probably why they're not well known, but they're nice amps.
    This exactly - I had one hoping to be able to get AC30 sounds without the weight. Mine was the Eminence version, but I put an original late-60s silver Vox Alnico speaker in it.

It sounded really nice and very 'Voxy' at home, but unfortunately it just didn't have the big vibrant sound I wanted when it was turned up - nothing like an AC30 really.

Dodge said:
    I think they were a Bedrock design.
    No idea about that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Bedrock only made some prototypes, production amps were produced (and designed) by Marshall.

Some good info at http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/index_tubekorg.html
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72211
    Bedrock only made some prototypes, production amps were produced (and designed) by Marshall.

Some good info at http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/index_tubekorg.html
    That's a bit of a sad story...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• seansseans Frets: 25
    edited November 2017
    This has reverb and tremolo and has a master volume. I have tried a C1x (with a blue) and it felt like a very different amp. Maybe it is the age, a well worn in speaker in the korg? Felt and sounded different. Thanks for all the info. I will try and keep hold of it as I suspect it might be  'rediscovered' in the future and, i think, deserves a lot more than £500. 
  • Dodge said:
    These are very nice sounding amps. I think they were a Bedrock design. Whatever happened to Bedrock?

Absolutely, I love ac15s even when wound up for the sound they do have, but it's much middier and tighter - less bass and treble going on. Ac30s have a grind. 

I love both, and would have both :)