borrowed this stellar piece of tweed tone.

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
in Amps tFB Trader
Sometimes you plug into a piece of gear and are just blown away......this is one of those times. I love a good tweed style amp, and this Rift Amps 30TV is the best I have played through.

Properly sophisticated tone, fat, warm and complex. Just incredible. Anyway sadly for me this is borrowed at the moment, however I’m going to enjoy it whilst I can. 

https://i.imgur.com/wSUMkmE.jpg

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/zXvSA

http://www.riftamps.com/tweed-30tv.php
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you  you need one of these for your shop! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Woof! That looks bloody lovely! Is it like a tweed super 5f4?
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

assuming earlier style tweed circuit, octal preamp valves and a "15 speaker; amp heaven for me.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3139
    tFB Trader
    daddyash said:
    Woof! That looks bloody lovely! Is it like a tweed super 5f4?

ESchap said:

assuming earlier style tweed circuit, octal preamp valves and a "15 speaker; amp heaven for me.

It's a 5B5 Pro circuit but can run 5Y3/6V6s also. I use 6SL7s rather than 6SC7s as they're still in production, the big 15" Alnico kicks out some serious vintage tone, it's brilliant.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• I just had to comment on how gorgeous that Strat is. One of the best colour schemes ever for a Strat. Beautiful amp too. Would love to have a whole day with those.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    I just had to comment on how gorgeous that Strat is. One of the best colour schemes ever for a Strat. Beautiful amp too. Would love to have a whole day with those.

I actually bought this from guitars4u. I went with the purpose of finding a strat that I could like. It’s a custom shop journeyman relic with ancho poblano pickups, fat fifties neck that’s flamed and the lacquer has worn away on the neck. Rosewood board and rolled edges. 

A hybrid weirdo of a guitar that I love to ply, so easy and pleasurable to noodle on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    I just had to comment on how gorgeous that Strat is. One of the best colour schemes ever for a Strat. Beautiful amp too. Would love to have a whole day with those.

I actually bought this from guitars4u. I went with the purpose of finding a strat that I could like. It’s a custom shop journeyman relic with ancho poblano pickups, fat fifties neck that’s flamed and the lacquer has worn away on the neck. Rosewood board and rolled edges. 

A hybrid weirdo of a guitar that I love to ply, so easy and pleasurable to noodle on. 
    It's certainly a Keeper :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.