Selling 2 guitars to buy one you love......

I made the mistake of trying one of the new Martin D28 at the weekend and now I want one.

I have a Limited Edition Stingray bass which is flawless which was my pride and joy back when I was playing bass. Also picked up a gorgeous Larrivee D40 from a nice chap on here a little while back. I'd probably need to shift the 2 to A) be able to afford it and B) prove to the ball and chain I'm not spending money I had put aside for a trip to Japan on a guitar.

I'm not too bothered about getting rid of the bass, I doubt ill go back to playing in bands again so much prefer playing the 6 string these days but that Larrivee will be hard to let go of.

What has been the biggest mistake you've ever made in terms of letting go of a guitar you loved and then later regretted?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    A 1961 Gibson J-45.

I had it and a Lowden, which was a nice guitar but didn't suit me at all. I had to sell one, and since I was playing in a band where I needed an amplified acoustic, the Lowden had a pickup system and the Gibson couldn't easily be fitted with one - and was too fragile to gig anyway - I sold the Gibson.

I later replaced the Lowden with a Hondo Everly Brothers copy I got for £80 and put a pickup in… which sounded better, for me. This really isn't a joke. What I should have done is sold the Lowden and bought something like the Hondo in the first place.

You can buy a new Martin at any time. Sell the bass and save up the rest, or look for a second hand one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom