Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Yet another Epi Joe Bonamassa Signature Model

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Good job there's no pedals on it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    No it isn't.

Why is it bright orange with a black scratchplate and a white jack surround? Finish looks gloopy as well.

And gold hardware.

It's all over the place.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    That's a good looking guitar. 

Also, a lot of companies approach him. Not the other way round. 

The bloke's great. One of my all time favourite players, no doubt. Also always comes across as well natured and humble. Don't get me wrong, I can't listen to his songs constantly, as blues in general, no matter who's playing it can get pretty old pretty quickly, but his songs that are more original, that are more structured as actual songs with riffs and different sections, rather than just 12 bar stuff, I think are largely real good. 

His style humanises/personifies guitar to me. It's kind of how I hear lead guitar in my head. I think it brings out the best in the instrument. Like, it's almost what the electric guitar was made to do. 

A lot lot of people don't agree, and I'm cool with that. But I think he's totally awesome. He makes a living (rightly so) as a pretty incredible guitar player, if I was in his position and Gibson and Epiphone and Fender and Dunlop and MXR and Way Huge and Palmer etc wanted to use me to promote their products I used, then I'd be all bloody for it. 

Also, that leads me to a thought. I can't recall that many people that have had both Fender and Gibson signature gear. Does anyone else spring to mind? 

Errr. Veered off. Yeah. Cool looking guitar. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nerine said:

The bloke's great. One of my all time favourite players, no doubt. Also always comes across as well natured and humble. Don't get me wrong, I can't listen to his songs constantly, as blues in general, no matter who's playing it can get pretty old pretty quickly, but his songs that are more original, that are more structured as actual songs with riffs and different sections, rather than just 12 bar stuff, I think are largely real good. 

His style humanises/personifies guitar to me. It's kind of how I hear lead guitar in my head. I think it brings out the best in the instrument. Like, it's almost what the electric guitar was made to do. 

A lot lot of people don't agree, and I'm cool with that. But I think he's totally awesome. He makes a living (rightly so) as a pretty incredible guitar player, if I was in his position and Gibson and Epiphone and Fender and Dunlop and MXR and Way Huge and Palmer etc wanted to use me to promote their products I used, then I'd be all bloody for it. 

Also, that leads me to a thought. I can't recall that many people that have had both Fender and Gibson signature gear. Does anyone else spring to mind? 

Hiya Joe :)
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks weird. Why does it have a 5 ply plate? It doesn't match at all...

Thank goodness there are no pedals ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited November 2017
    I think it looks good. Can't criticise him toooo much given it's an Epiphone and not stratospherically priced.

Much as we slag Gibson, quite a lot of their Epi sig quitars have been pretty well done.
  • mikeyrob73 said:9
    Nerine said:

Hiya Joe :)
    Where you going with that gun in your hand?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    And of course the great thing about Epi V’s, Explorers & Firebirds is they don’t muck the headstocks up ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    Love a bit of Joe but that's a madman stare he's got going on there!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Nerine said:

Hendrix had both Fender and Gibson signature Strats. :)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket said:
    No it isn't.

Why is it bright orange with a black scratchplate and a white jack surround? Finish looks gloopy as well.

And gold hardware.

It's all over the place.

It looks like that because it's basically a replica of his actual 1959 "V"...

• These will sell like hotcakes. Not a fan of Vs but I've got to admit this looks pretty special. I actually ran into Joe B a few weeks ago in a store and we chatted briefly. He comes across as a nice bloke, passionate about music and guitars and with his head screwed on the right way. The guy seems to get a lot of flak but as far as I can tell, he's living the dream.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Does it come with built-in effects because I've heard he doesn't use pedals anymore?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Don't care much about his music but appreciate that he's making money doing what he likes and help making some great guitars for a nice price.
    I have the Firebird I and it's a fantastic guitar.
  • I wouldn't listen to his music but he is clearly talented, (I think the same about Rob Chapman but he's definitely not my type of player). This is quite a cool looking guitar.

BTW, in his pedal rant, was he being serious about 'hard working' musicians vs people who just, in his mind, use pedals to make life easy?

From looking at it from afar, with his magnificent instrument/amp collection, he's got a very good deal in life. Playing music, which IMO, isn't a bad job at all, in fact it isn't a job.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I wouldn't buy a flying V but it's one of his nicer sig guitars.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    I'm all for this.   Like the Firebirds, its a model they will be able to sell easily.  I like the idea of a yearly run of JB models that are just nice guitars in their own right
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I think it looks great.     I might be mistaken but weren’t the previous epi korina V’s a veneer rather than solid korina so I hope this is solid like the spec appears.    

Inwonder how how many they are making?   The sunburst firebird is hard to find so it must have been quite a limited run which is probably a good business model.  
  • I didn't know he had any other signature gear.  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    I don't mind Bonamassa, and that looks rather nice. Might put my name down for one of those.