Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Yet another Epi Joe Bonamassa Signature Model

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    He's got a new signature pedal being released at the same time:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    John_P said:
    I think it looks great.     I might be mistaken but weren’t the previous epi korina V’s a veneer rather than solid korina so I hope this is solid like the spec appears.    

the claim was korina pieces with a korina veneer front and back.  Some where definitely all korina, but i have seen some where i doubted the core wood was
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    John_P said:
    I think it looks great.     I might be mistaken but weren’t the previous epi korina V’s a veneer rather than solid korina so I hope this is solid like the spec appears.    

the claim was korina pieces with a korina veneer front and back.  Some where definitely all korina, but i have seen some where i doubted the core wood was
    My ~’03 model was definitely a poplar/agathis type with a korina/idigbo veneer. Had a 3-pc maple neck too. It was a nice enough guitar either way.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I like him as a personality and don’t generally dislike his music (if pretty homogenous and forgetful) but I still won’t buy a sig guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    edited November 2017

https://i.imgur.com/2wcrsxn.jpg

Bonamassa V  £759 Dawsons

Epiphone Korina V  £419 GAK

Both ( African Limba ) neck/bodies, although the JB does have a nicer dark fretboard....

Pickups ( personal choice ) plus electrics upgrade?  I know what I would do? sorry Joe.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141

Nah, He's cashed in here instead...

https://www.gearnews.com/seymour-duncan-joe-bonamassa-amos-pickup-set-58-flying-v-tone/

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    stonevibe said:

https://www.gearnews.com/seymour-duncan-joe-bonamassa-amos-pickup-set-58-flying-v-tone/
    Give it 6 months.. he will have another pedal out :)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    edited November 2017
    stonevibe said:

Whoever wrote the caption for "Joe ‘Endorsement King’ Bonamassa and ‘Amos’ the 58 Flying V" give yourself a pat on the back.

I bet I could get some PAFs with A6 magnets made a darn sight cheaper that wouldn't sound that different!!

Sorry Joe but this is another endorsement deal that you "need like a hole in the head"...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Bucket said:
    No it isn't.

Why is it bright orange with a black scratchplate and a white jack surround? Finish looks gloopy as well.

And gold hardware.

It's all over the place.
    spot on , would look so much better with white scratchplate, like Dave Davies', my favourite V player 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    kt66 said:
    Bucket said:
    No it isn't.

Why is it bright orange with a black scratchplate and a white jack surround? Finish looks gloopy as well.

And gold hardware.

It's all over the place.
    spot on , would look so much better with white scratchplate, like Dave Davies', my favourite V player 
    But isn't that the whole point of why "Amos" (the guitar this is based on) is different to all the rest... the black and gold business etc? Otherwise, it would just be another V replica with Joe B's name on it - oh, wait a mo...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

As much as I don't want to like it, it is kinda funky.

Different.

Not the biggest fan of JB, but he seems to be doing something right as nobody is beating my door down to do a signature guitar,