NAD - Mesa MK5 V25

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
picked up monday night - had an hour with it so far but very impressed .. 

any other owners / experienced users comments ?

cab recommendation ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Yep, had mine for ages and gigged it loads. It’s my favourite ever MB I think and I’ve had a fair few...
    Cab wise, I was using it with a C90 loaded open back Widebody and more recently a Matrix NL212.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    @simonk - how do you like the NL212?  I've been contemplating one of these for a while...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • @simonk ;

thanks for feedback  - re cabs mentioned - can you describe the difference between them and as V30 loaded mesa cabs seem to be a std offering how they might compare with a V30 - appreciate any thoughts .. cheers 
  • Have played this beaut coming up two years and I love it.

I use a Mesa 90w thiele... its sounds brilliant.
    The eq is very sensitive so be take time when dialling in.
    @Trude I love it! A 2x12 with serious grunt that weighs only 12Kg... what’s not to like. Mine has the neo V30 type speakers but they also offer it with neo Creambacks now too. Perhaps the only downsides are the cabinet tends to damage quite easily and the speakers took quite a beasting to break them in. Once that’s done though, its glorious.

@JMP220478 Difficult to compare really as ones an open 1x12 and the other a closed/ported 2x12. The Matrix sounds bigger obviously, and less beamy than the Mesa cab. I do really like C90’s though and generally prefer them to V30’s. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Thanks @simonk - sounds great!  I'm always a bit wary of heads with horizontal 2x12s though, as they can't be tilted back easily.  This normally means either perching them on top of crates/chairs or just sitting them down so the speakers are firing straight along the floor.  What's your approach for onstage monitoring?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    @Trude In cramped spaces I stood the 2x12 on its end... at least one of the speakers was nearer my ear then.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited November 2017
    I would love to try out a Mk5 V25, just a bit too pricey for me, maybe next year!

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Nice, I'm a bit jealous, always wanted to try one of those amps. I'm sure it will serve you well!
  • I had one, loved the tone, but, not enough, clean headroom, for me, so, I sold it.

Great compact design.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • veldt666 said:

I had one, loved the tone, but, not enough, clean headroom, for me, so, I sold it.

Great compact design.

I'm a long time Marshall player - I suspect theres more than enough clean in this for me  :-) 
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    v35 for more headroom ! HNAD
  • I had a romance with one of these a few years ago, when there was no stock around. I loved the C90 widebody, but the Thiele was the show stopper for me. My choice...
  • Gigged on saturday night - very happy with sound - pushed for cleanish sounds and mk4 for chunk with graphic as a general boost for solos + occasionally bit of a Klone to push either channel as needed - Andy Tiimmons style low level Flashback delay in loop => Marshall 1922 cab ..  no micing and easily heard in very busy single big room pub ...