SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Mains-Powered External Drive or High Capacity USB Memory Stick

As title says - my hifi takes a USB input but isn’t able to power a usb-powered external drive, presumably the current available is too low. Memory stick seems to work fine but I’ve only got a 16gb one and around 500gb of music! I presume that mains powered usb drives are old and generally unwanted so happy to find a use for an old unused one!

Powered USB would need to be at least 500gb, memory stick would be fine as either 256 or 512gb. 

If i I can’t get one will likely pick up a 500gb stick in the new year :). Thanks all!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

Unlikely to find a stick with enough capacity. I know eBay is flooded with cards claiming 512 GB and even 1 or 2TB but it is a scam. 256GB sticks are available though - stick with companies like Sandisk and will work fine.

• Gagaryn said:

Unlikely to find a stick with enough capacity. I know eBay is flooded with cards claiming 512 GB and even 1 or 2TB but it is a scam. 256GB sticks are available though - stick with companies like Sandisk and will work fine.

Yeah I’m certainly going to stick to a known ‘brand’ - I believe Sandisk do a 500gb one but it’s well over £100 and the performance specs on it (however much they matter) aren’t great.