Interesting Aussie Guitar Kits Pit Bull

What's Hot
sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
edited November 2017 in Making & Modding
Just discovered this little lot, Klein replica for @ £200 shipped !!

https://www.pitbullguitars.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited November 2017
    Plus like a million pounds delivery if I recall correctly?

Edit:  I didn't recall correctly at all, I'm sure they used to be way more than that so that's good news. Sorry, also seen your post did say that was delivered price. I'll be quiet Haha
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Plus like a million pounds delivery if I recall correctly?
    And a 6 month delivery time ;)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Nope, 6 Days tops and @ £20 delivery, its calculated on their website
  • You get what you pay for.
  • You get what you pay for.
    This^

Loads of companies doing these kits now including the likes of Thomann. I am sure some are ok and with a bit of work they will make an ok guitar but personally if I was going to do a kit build that wasn’t just a normal start/tele partscaster (ie. sgj or lp) I’d be speaking to gsp on here and getting him to make me something of a far higher quality.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I’m used to re-fretting and modifying etc and considering the hardware that’s included in the Klein copy its a bloody bargain 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    Yes and no.

Hiding in the small print, you will find this.

"Please note: this is the Registered Office of Pit Bull Guitars, there is no product at this address. We are an e-Store and do not have a showroom for viewing product."

READ: We import Chinese stuff, mark it up by AU$20 then, ship it to you. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    You get what you pay for.
    Live blindly by that old adage and you're going to spend a lot more money in life than you might otherwise need to.

These kits might be good value.  Has anyone seen one?  They came up on my Facebook the other day and was curious.
  • Don't know about Pit Bull, but the kits that Thomann sell are great quality for the price.
    You get what you pay for.
    This^

Loads of companies doing these kits now including the likes of Thomann. I am sure some are ok and with a bit of work they will make an ok guitar but personally if I was going to do a kit build that wasn’t just a normal start/tele partscaster (ie. sgj or lp) I’d be speaking to gsp on here and getting him to make me something of a far higher quality.
    The Thomann kits are very good quality for the money. Three of my Thomann kit builds (with pickup upgrades) have been gigged by three different guitarists. Doesn't mean they're great, but better than ok.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I know someone who's made a few of these. I like him.
  • Yes and no.

"Please note: this is the Registered Office of Pit Bull Guitars, there is no product at this address. We are an e-Store and do not have a showroom for viewing product."

Yes but I assume they have at least gone through all of the factories on Alibaba and tried to find a good one rather than just ordering from the first one they saw. I have heard decent things about the Pit Bull kits, but they were just strangers online, so I'm not sure what their frame of reference is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    Yes and no.

Yes but I assume they have at least gone through all of the factories on Alibaba and tried to find a good one rather than just ordering from the first one they saw. I have heard decent things about the Pit Bull kits, but they were just strangers online, so I'm not sure what their frame of reference is.
    This is kind of what I was getting at - they're comparatively cheap, but there might be a good value base for something to build on.  Even a custom-shop Strat starts out life on a CNC.

Assuming they're crap because they're not expensive could mean you miss a gem, so it's worth digging around a bit before dismissing them.