Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Moviprep and sigmoidoscopy....

What's Hot

Comments

• Good luck save some for your Xmas party cocktails
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ;

i made the same joke but down the throat was first :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When I had an endoscopy the nurse went round checking who wanted a sedative, at that point a large skinheaded, tattooed man in muscle vest came in and sat on the next bed. When asked if he wanted a sedative he replied "yes please" in a high pitched voice, it was at that point that decided I'd go in compos mentis : >
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    So I had a Colonoscopy yesterday. All in all it wasn’t a horrific experience, more just unpleasant in places. The Moviprep I got down but it was bloody disgusting after a while - it’s so sweet and that makes it hard to swallow. Sure enough I went about 15 times overall (7-8 times after the first lot, then again in the morning after the second). It was a funny yellow colour, which is apparently normal and it should clear a bit by the end. 

Went to to my room when I got to the hospital and was told that I needed an enema as well, which was probably the most embarrassing part about the whole thing - poor nurse! That cleared me out even more. I decided to have gas and air instead of sedation and I can honestly say the gas was waaaay worse than the actual procedure - I was completely tripping. Time was standing still then speeding up, at one point I thought I was actually dead and had an out of body experience, it was mental. 

Now the proceedure. The Doctors scope guide cut out for about a minute or so and when it came back on, he was actually most of the way round to a full colonoscopy even though I was booked in for a sig! So that’s what I had! It’s lucky as well because my colon was spotless yet the last part of my bowel (that he wouldn’t have gone to) was slightly inflamed. He thinks it’s nothing but has taken biopsies as there is a chance of Crohns. If it is something, how weird and lucky is it that he accidentally went to that area? Bizarre. 

Best of luck, once it’s done you’ll realise it wasn’t as bad as you’re probably thinking. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    Adamski said:
    So I had a Colonoscopy yesterday. All in all it wasn’t a horrific experience, more just unpleasant in places. The Moviprep I got down but it was bloody disgusting after a while - it’s so sweet and that makes it hard to swallow. Sure enough I went about 15 times overall (7-8 times after the first lot, then again in the morning after the second). It was a funny yellow colour, which is apparently normal and it should clear a bit by the end. 

Went to to my room when I got to the hospital and was told that I needed an enema as well, which was probably the most embarrassing part about the whole thing - poor nurse! That cleared me out even more. I decided to have gas and air instead of sedation and I can honestly say the gas was waaaay worse than the actual procedure - I was completely tripping. Time was standing still then speeding up, at one point I thought I was actually dead and had an out of body experience, it was mental. 

Now the proceedure. The Doctors scope guide cut out for about a minute or so and when it came back on, he was actually most of the way round to a full colonoscopy even though I was booked in for a sig! So that’s what I had! It’s lucky as well because my colon was spotless yet the last part of my bowel (that he wouldn’t have gone to) was slightly inflamed. He thinks it’s nothing but has taken biopsies as there is a chance of Crohns. If it is something, how weird and lucky is it that he accidentally went to that area? Bizarre. 

Best of luck, once it’s done you’ll realise it wasn’t as bad as you’re probably thinking. 
    I did lol at the gas! I’ll have sedation as I had it for teeth extractions. Turns me into a kid I’m told, but I remember nothing about it...

thanks very much - on the way home to the Moviprep now.... and hopefully they don’t find anything bad during the procedure!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    There was a story on here some years back about a guy who mistakenly took the Moviprep a day early - he had to go back to the hospital and ask for more!

Best of luck, @FarleyUK !

Holy sh!t, this stuff is VILE. It's like lemon sea water!
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    This thread is nothing on the classic Picolax thread - which IIRC was @Emp_Fab ?
    I wish we still had that - but alas, that must have been MR if not intermusic, so long lost!
    Just managed to finish the moviprep.... God that stuff is foul!

Getting bloated and can feel things moving.... Ipad is fully charged in preparation for toilet camping. Not looking forward to having the other litre of it tomorrow morning...!
  • bob21 said:
    This thread is nothing on the classic Picolax thread - which IIRC was @Emp_Fab ?
    I wish we still had that - but alas, that must have been MR if not intermusic, so long lost!
    http://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/

There you go
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    It has begun..!!!
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Will you be uploading a video diary?
    It’s like I’m weeing.... but from my bum!!  :o
  • FarleyUK, that would probably be if you have avoided eating solid food, like I suggested earlier in the thread.  I work for a Gastroenterologist and sometimes they would advise people to take a water diet 24 hours prior to a colonoscopy / sigmoidoscopy, just to make sure.  You'd be surprised the number of times patients follow the instructions for prep to the letter, only to find it hasn't worked properly.  
    FarleyUK, that would probably be if you have avoided eating solid food, like I suggested earlier in the thread.  I work for a Gastroenterologist and sometimes they would advise people to take a water diet 24 hours prior to a colonoscopy / sigmoidoscopy, just to make sure.  You'd be surprised the number of times patients follow the instructions for prep to the letter, only to find it hasn't worked properly.  
    I had a small roll at 330, and that was it.

to be fair, it’s not too bad at the minute - have had much worse from my IBS / wheat intolerance.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    edited November 2017
    The prep is probably the worst bit. I've had a colonoscopy twice, a year apart. I didn't bother with the sedative the second time. I only experienced minor discomfort and got to watch the whole thing on a TV monitor. They removed a polyp which was an interesting lasso exercise. The process turned out to be no big deal for me. Now I need to go back in about three years time.
    If I understood the explanation correctly, there's no real feeling in the colon itself, so sensations  are caused by the probe moving the colon to press on surrounding parts of the body.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Still on the throne....!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    bob21 said:
    @bob21 that's the one I was thinking of - it was a classic!

That was.... Interesting. Bloody efficient staff though, was over in 10 mins! Had mild sedation as they did a full colonoscopy in the end, and it was actually pretty sore. No polyps or diverculosis found, and they couldn't see why I'm getting the pain. Biopsies taken, and I got to watch it on screen!

No wind at all yet.

Hats off to all the staff here though - brilliant lot of folks!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31522
    FarleyUK said:
    Hats off to all the staff here though - brilliant lot of folks!
    They were great where I went too, I guess you need a sense of humour to be an arse dentist.