Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guns n Roses Rig Rundown

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    What was the actual difference in the don't cry versions? 

Musically exactly the same but 2 sets of lyrics that's all.

Good to see you on here mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3386
    edited November 2017
    Lebarque said:
    I can still remember my disappointment when the UTI albums came out. Such indulgence and so far from the classic Appetite album, which I still love to this day. You could be mine and perhaps, Civil War, are the only decent songs IMO.
    Agreed. Appetite was better. Still some decent tracks on UYI but GnR soon lost their throne to the likes of pearl jam and nirvana, in part due the difficulty following up on appetite I think.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Let’s not forget ‘Lies’, love that record, especially the acoustic tracks, a really cool thing to release that after Appetite.

One in a million didn't stand up to the low moral standards of the late 80s not sure it's a track that would get made today.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You know what. I've been depressed as f*&^ lately after Sheena has passed away. 
    However this video and that gig video (which I've seen before and is excellent)... started to ignite something in me again. I've not touched the guitar since she passed away but I've had nothing to do (just feel hollow and don't know what to do with myself) and I remember how much having something like the guitar meant to me. Something nobody else can touch. Nothing to do with earning money. Just playing for yourself, igniting a passion - love it. Hopefully get more into it. Will watch the rest of the gear video later!
    Good to hear that the videos in this thread have given you an incentive to play again.  :star: 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2573
    tFB Trader
    cool, really enjoyed the bit with Richard Fortus, seemed like a nice guy that you could just gag forever over gear
  • Ah - thanks - I never actually realised the difference before @underdog!

I don't think Guns were ever overshadowed by Pearl Jam!! Nirvana? Depends on your taste. :)

Just resuming this video now. The gear so far has been great. Why can't I find a Les Paul I like? (I did rip it up on my PRS, though!)
  • Slash really is my hero. 
    I love listening to Appetite from start to finish. Doing nothing else but just listening to the music. Brilliant.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    edited November 2017
    @thomasross20 - agree it’s great to see you here again. Music can sometimes get to you in a way that nothing else can - glad to hear seeing this has been good for you.
    When they were first released I had both appetite and lies on vinyl, both the original non censored versions of the album art, they got lost over the years but my wife bought me an original copy of appetite on vinyl last Christmas, that was cool, may see if I can find lies for a decent price to complete the set.
  • Thanks!

Hmm we have a vinyl player. Does playing it on vinyl add anything? Could be a cool Christmas present...

Fortus is clearly into his gear. Must admit, I switched off a little! I'm really not into gear like that. I like how Slash wasn't there - it adds to the mystery... makes you want to see an interview with him even more. But if there was an interview, I'd prefer if it was wild stories or chat about songs rather than the gear. Still, leaves you a little starstruck to see his gear (yeah I'm a total fanboy)
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3813
    cool, really enjoyed the bit with Richard Fortus, seemed like a nice guy that you could just gag forever over gear
    Some people are into some sick $hit these days...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    Thanks!

Hmm we have a vinyl player. Does playing it on vinyl add anything? Could be a cool Christmas present...

Fortus is clearly into his gear. Must admit, I switched off a little! I'm really not into gear like that. I like how Slash wasn't there - it adds to the mystery... makes you want to see an interview with him even more. But if there was an interview, I'd prefer if it was wild stories or chat about songs rather than the gear. Still, leaves you a little starstruck to see his gear (yeah I'm a total fanboy)

The funny thing is I don't own a turn table, I wanted it for the fact it was back when album art was important, so it's going to get framed along with my ticket from seeing them back in the summer and some other bits I have. Will look cool in the guitar dungeon next to the poster from the London show D

In there I also have the guitar hero slash figure and a mini replica of his Les Paul, oh and the slash pop vinyl. 
  • I've got the pop vinyl! It totally rocks :lol: 
    I've got the pop vinyl! It totally rocks :lol: 

Now I've typed it out sounds like my room is like a slash shrine and that's without adding the AFD 100 head and LP vermilion :D

Yeah the pop vinyl is cool, may have to get the Duff one too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    No AFD heads in there I see.....

Love how stoked Fortus was, clearly loves his trade that lad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Really interesting way slash gets feedback with the monitor amp and a volume pedal.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    it's key for me that he still uses the 1996 sig amp - which for me was a killer marshall amp, I think my favourite, I'd snap one of these up again in a heartbeat if one came up.
  • I didn't know Fortus was such a gear head.   
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    edited November 2017
    Crazy when you realise that Richard Fortus has been in GnR for 3x as long as Izzy was! Albeit with slightly less of an impact (he is a fantastic player though)

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    The double neck sg in black.I had the uyi live vhss as a kid. Wore them both out watching them so many times...