Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Andertons Black Friday sale on now...

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
Just had an email through...don't know if it is the full thing live!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• And unlike Rich Tone there deals are loading! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Seem to up to £500 off a few guitars. There's Firebird collectors choice reduced by a grand...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766
    Triple loyalty point on anything would have netted me another £25 saving if I hadn’t bought mine 2 hours earlier!! Grr!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • https://www.andertons.co.uk/black-friday-guitar-sale/-hsf3cc47fcnm1cc47a005

That is a lot of firebird! 

Well out out of my allowance range for this Black Friday unfortunately. Haha
  • mrkb said:
    Triple loyalty point on anything would have netted me another £25 saving if I hadn’t bought mine 2 hours earlier!! Grr!
    E mail them and ask for the points!
  • Not a lot worth bothering with unless it's the really high end stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • laughable andertons sale again
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444
    PRS S2 Vela Satin for £899 is good.
  • Rigid_DigitsRigid_Digits Frets: 85
    edited November 2017
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Soloist for £699 instead of £1050- haven’t these been £750 for forever and a day anyway?
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    That's the impression I get from most black Friday and many other sales, not specifically guitar related. They are primarily a way to get rid of old stuff, or the bargains are things you can buy for similar prices elsewhere anyway. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43 said:
    That's the impression I get from most black Friday and many other sales, not specifically guitar related. They are primarily a way to get rid of old stuff, or the bargains are things you can buy for similar prices elsewhere anyway. 
    Yep or selling at last years prices and passing it off as an amazing deal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4290
    edited November 2017
    Having spent all evening trawling the stores websites I can conclude that Andertons so called deals are nothing of the sort and are actually an embarrassment.

They are also the worse for offering so called 'amazing deals' on items they don't actually have in stock.  Pre-order due in 4-6 weeks is a regular theme 

Closely followed by GAK for another truly pathetic 'sale'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16629
    Perhaps the actual day will be better... let’s wait and see
  • Having spent all evening trawling the stores websites I can conclude that Andertons so called deals are nothing of the sort and are actually an embarrassment.

They are also the worse for offering so called 'amazing deals' on items they don't actually have in stock.  Pre-order due in 4-6 weeks is a regular theme 

Closely followed by GAK for another truly pathetic 'sale'
    Now Andertons are dominating the market they’ve done the classic ’raise the the prices and stop the great deals’ because they’ve got loyal customers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • https://www.andertons.co.uk/black-friday-guitar-sale/-hsf3cc47fcnm1cc47a005

That is a lot of firebird! 

Well out out of my allowance range for this Black Friday unfortunately. Haha
    I tried one recently and it was shit. Horrible feeling finish, clunky neck, poor spring angle etc. Not worth a quarter of the asking price imo.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31454
    In the food industry it's a legal requirement to sell an item at full price for a specific amount of time before you can then discount and call it half price or whatever. 

This week guitar shops are knocking 50 quid off their usual price and quoting it as a saving against the RRP which is hundreds of pounds more,  even though they never sold it at the RRP in the first place.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3606
    p90fool said:
    In the food industry it's a legal requirement to sell an item at full price for a specific amount of time before you can then discount and call it half price or whatever. 

This week guitar shops are knocking 50 quid off their usual price and quoting it as a saving against the RRP which is hundreds of pounds more,  even though they never sold it at the RRP in the first place.  
    Wisdom.

The thing is I guess everybody has to be seen to be discounting for Black Friday even if it is a fake discount.

It is really  something that has no significance over here unlike the US where it is the day after Thanksgiving. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5400
    p90fool said:

They do this all the damn time anyway in terms of MAP vs RRP. If Trading Standards actually had any resources they would have an easy case against the whole industry. 
  • jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    Black Friday only makes sense for retailers to get rid of old stock and stuff that isn’t shifting.

Why would they heavily discount big sellers in the lead up to the busiest trading period of the year? It’s all very well complaining about retailers having rubbish sales, but if you were in their position, why would you throw away profit for the sake of it haha. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom