SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Custom Shop 1960 Stratocaster - Relic - Olympic White - Sold Pending

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
edited December 2017 in Guitars £
Next up in the cull:

Fender CS 1960 Relic Strat - Olympic White

This is one of the fab 1960 relics from 2016 that Mark @guitars4you specc'd. 

It's as bought - hard case, all case candy, CITES certificate, all included. I will do a few more outside shots when the weather improves if anyone wants to see any more.. you know what this is - it's as new, and it's not that much more than one of those standard American ones...!

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi, whats the neck shape please and pickups?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Hi, whats the neck shape please and pickups?
    If my memory serves me correctly it's a classic 60's oval C neck shape and the Custom Shop 60/63 pickups in this one. Mark @guitars4you - does that sound right to you?
  • stunning!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Nice!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    1/4 sawn maple neck with light honey tint - nitro finish cut back for played in character - 60's oval C profile with extra ounce of meat on it so .820" to .969" - 9.5" radius - Jescar 6100 frets - Bone nut - 11 hole 3 ply nitro plate with full screening plate  -  Hand wound 60/63 pick ups - middle is RWRP - I measured  them at 5.61K neck 5.85K middle and 6K bridge  - treble bleed mod on the vol pot - tone pot wired neck/middle so tone pot for bridge

and yes it was a delightful guitar with the vintage mojo and tonal character - mark tried  a number of guitars in stock before selecting this Strat

Think that is about it
    1/4 sawn maple neck with light honey tint - nitro finish cut back for played in character - 60's oval C profile with extra ounce of meat on it so .820" to .969" - 9.5" radius - Jescar 6100 frets - Bone nut - 11 hole 3 ply nitro plate with full screening plate  -  Hand wound 60/63 pick ups - middle is RWRP - I measured  them at 5.61K neck 5.85K middle and 6K bridge  - treble bleed mod on the vol pot - tone pot wired neck/middle so tone pot for bridge

and yes it was a delightful guitar with the vintage mojo and tonal character - mark tried  a number of guitars in stock before selecting this Strat

Think that is about it
    Thanks mate! That's perfect!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    edited November 2017

Think that is about it
    What’s the weight please?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Think that is about it
    I'll get the scales out later
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I have played this and it is indeed a corker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Think that is about it
    I'll get the scales out later
    was 7lbs 10oz when it left me so unless you have given it to many cakes or starved it then it should be there or there a bouts - recall a vibrant unplugged voice as well
    @guitars4you - it's been on celery and lettuce leaves only ;)
    tFB Trader
    not ideal if you want  a fat tone - meat + cheese essential, plus the odd crisp for clarity 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    not ideal if you want  a fat tone - meat + cheese essential, plus the odd crisp for clarity 
    I'll do a plowmans for it tonight
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I played this guitar before he did.

The day he bought it I went with him and played around 10 different guitars.
     @Bridgehouse said to hand him the ones I thought were good. (I'm still flattered about that!)

Anyway, we narrowed it down to 2 or 3 Strats but this one won over.
    If you like a 60's Strat it's like an old friend even if you've never played it before.

I'm sure most will know what it's going to be like just by reading a spec sheet but none of that will convey the feeling of it fitting you and your hands perfectly.

You need to know you like 60's Strats and you can get on with that radius, profile, frets etc but if you do, this is the one you want.
  • dougaldougal Frets: 19
    Any interest in a swap Suhr Pro S5 HH in Fireburst? I have it on here for sale...
    dougal said:
    Any interest in a swap Suhr Pro S5 HH in Fireburst? I have it on here for sale...
    No trades - I'm going 100% bass so all guitars are going
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Splooge
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Why can't I stop looking at this?
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Alnico said:
    Why can't I stop looking at this?
    Same reason I can't.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom