Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Consolidated Black Friday Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Both Northwest Guitars and Guitarbuild have emailed me with Black Friday deals.
    Which for an inveterate bitsa builder like me is dangerous 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyR said:
    I’m looking for a Boss MD-500, hoping to get one for below the £290 mark if possible.

Let me know if you spot one!

Thanks

Tony
    @Gassage is selling one
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    @modellista  appreciate the heads up!
  • johnl said:
    I just pulled the trigger on a satin S2 Vela from GAK.  I regret not getting my hands on a regular Vela when they were doing them at £799 so at £895 for a limited satin it had to be worth a punt.  Had my eyes on them for a while.  @grungebob have you seen these?  I know you're in the market for one.

If you can get them to retroactively pricematch they're £852 here: http://www.peachguitars.com/search.php?q=vela&search-submit=
    Just noticed that.  Missive sent!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    johnl said:
    I just pulled the trigger on a satin S2 Vela from GAK.  I regret not getting my hands on a regular Vela when they were doing them at £799 so at £895 for a limited satin it had to be worth a punt.  Had my eyes on them for a while.  @grungebob have you seen these?  I know you're in the market for one.

If you can get them to retroactively pricematch they're £852 here: http://www.peachguitars.com/search.php?q=vela&search-submit=
    Just noticed that.  Missive sent!
    £799 here - https://www.coda-music.com/black-friday/prs-s2-vela-satin-limited-charcoal.html
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gear4Music deals just went live but they seem pretty weak as well. Unless your looking for a high end Gretsch. 

https://www.gear4music.com/black-friday/Guitar-Deals/Electric
  • PRS Custom 24 in Obsidian on guitarguitar for £1999

apparently that almost 1600 off?

colours very marmite

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/14120514173358--prs-custom-24-trem-obsidian-207887
  • Anybody seen anything on a Katana? I know it's unlikely to see a discount on something that sells so well but I'm hoping for the best. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    Anybody seen anything on a Katana? I know it's unlikely to see a discount on something that sells so well but I'm hoping for the best. 
    I'm looking too, I'd like a 50w as backup. Let me know if you see anything!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    edited November 2017
    I bought a Boss DD500 - £230 brand new... Gear4Music
  • p90fool said:
    Anybody seen anything on a Katana? I know it's unlikely to see a discount on something that sells so well but I'm hoping for the best. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/118760/feeler-katana-50-fs

There you go, who needs Black Friday?!

I can't imagine any of the retailers discounting Katanas; they must be one of their highest and most consistent sellers over the past 18 months, and are great value at RRP anyway!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    edited November 2017
    p90fool said:

I can't imagine any of the retailers discounting Katanas; they must be one of their highest and most consistent sellers over the past 18 months, and are great value at RRP anyway!

You just need the art of negotiation my friends - its a feeding frenzy for sales today and everyone is on a high to hit their targets. I just got a Boss Katana 50 down to £170. Pitch two leading suppliers off each other, then when they couldn't go any lower on the price, I got them to throw in a pack of Roto 11's to tip it their way!! Get in there lads....the bargains are to be had if you're bold enough to push!

EDIT: I should probably put an ethical clause in here given the state of retail at the moment, but business is business (and I really wanted a Katana!!!)

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Parker said:
    p90fool said:

You just need the art of negotiation my friends - its a feeding frenzy for sales today and everyone is on a high to hit their targets. I just got a Boss Katana 50 down to £170. Pitch two leading suppliers off each other, then when they couldn't go any lower on the price, I got them to throw in a pack of Roto 11's to tip it their way!! Get in there lads....the bargains are to be had if you're bold enough to push!

EDIT: I should probably put an ethical clause in here given the state of retail at the moment, but business is business (and I really wanted a Katana!!!)

Do you go into McDonalds with Burger King on the phone to negotiate a discount on a Quarter Pounder?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    impmann said:
    Parker said:
    p90fool said:

Do you go into McDonalds with Burger King on the phone to negotiate a discount on a Quarter Pounder?

Nope - they're two different products...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Parker said:
    p90fool said:

That’s the way to do it! 

• Piss poor 'sales'

All I've bagged so far is a half price Bosch drill on Amazon 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree. I've seen better general sales throughout the year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 20% off at guitarfxdirect.com at the moment.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    20% off at guitarfxdirect.com at the moment.
    They have 244 pedals for sale on their website of which 193 are out of stock.  They would benefit from some kind of only show products that are in stock feature.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom