Any newer guitar stores to check out in London?

What's Hot
LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
edited November 2017 in Guitar
I'm back in London visiting friends and family. Haven't lived here for a while. What's the PMT like? Guitar Guitar? There seems to be a few newer stores open now since I moved away in 2014. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Haven’t been to the PMT yet. The GuitarGuitar is OK - they have a fair few high end Suhrs and a good range of Gibson, Fender and PRS plus all the usual pedals and amps you’d expect to see there. The acoustic room is decent too with a wide range and a nice sofa. 
    its not as big as I thought it would be though and not a destination store like Peach or the Epsom GG. from the pictures, PMT looks even smaller though. 

I wouldnt bother with Denmark Street either, that place has gone to pot (or should that be pan? Ha). 
  • Visited PMT the other day, was smaller than other PMT's I've been to. Nice shop though.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Adamski said:
    Haven’t been to the PMT yet. The GuitarGuitar is OK - they have a fair few high end Suhrs and a good range of Gibson, Fender and PRS plus all the usual pedals and amps you’d expect to see there. The acoustic room is decent too with a wide range and a nice sofa. 
    its not as big as I thought it would be though and not a destination store like Peach or the Epsom GG. from the pictures, PMT looks even smaller though. 

I wouldnt bother with Denmark Street either, that place has gone to pot (or should that be pan? Ha). 
    Yeah. I don't think I'll visit Denmark Street. Last time I went to that area I hardly even recognised it. What have they done to TCR station?! Madness. 

Maybe I'll give PMT a quick look. What about that place on Bethnal Green Road? I want to play some jazzmasters. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Wunjo in Denmark Street is still great - if a bit cramped.
  •  What about that place on Bethnal Green Road? I want to play some jazzmasters. 
    Been there a couple of days ago as passing by.. they used to have a basement with some cool vintage gear but now it’s just one floor and more standard stuff. Not worth in my POV if you’re travelling to get there specifically.
    edited November 2017
    cbellanga said:
     What about that place on Bethnal Green Road? I want to play some jazzmasters. 
    Been there a couple of days ago as passing by.. they used to have a basement with some cool vintage gear but now it’s just one floor and more standard stuff. Not worth in my POV if you’re travelling to get there specifically.
    They closed the basement? Bloody hell, that's rubbish. I played a vintage Jaguar there only last Christmas! Was that a financial decision? 
  • New shop at the end of Denmark Street, same side as Hanks, "Sixty Sixty Sounds".  It's the chap who was managing the Maccari's Gibson outlet in Denmark St.  I bought a Les Paul from him there last year.  Now independent, and he's got the Gibson dealership and some tasty booteek amps and guitars.  Worth a visit.  Nice to see a new shop there that isn't part of the Music Ground 'thing'
    Hmmm, maybe if I make it up there. 
    Went around a few shops, all were very dull. Seems like Peach, GAK or GG are the places to buy (new) in the South-East. Nothing good in central London any more, as far as I can tell. 
  • FrizerFrizer Frets: 45
    Loobs said:

Yeah. I don't think I'll visit Denmark Street. Last time I went to that area I hardly even recognised it. What have they done to TCR station?! Madness. 
    It's being redeveloped for for crossrail. Will be even busier once that opens (people coming into the west end for shopping).
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    If you want something away from the guitar superstores, go see Gary in “rockhouse music” in Hampton...  
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I think the Macaris in Charing Cross road is the best one in the West End. 
    poopot said:
    If you want something away from the guitar superstores, go see Gary in “rockhouse music” in Hampton...  
    I'm staying in Epping, so that's unlikely. What's that place about? 
  • There is that place on the end of Brick Lane, better than the Denmark street shops.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom