Black Friday non-musical deals

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Just bought a new iMac. I've been needing to do it for a while as the old one (2011) is getting a bit erratic on some things and won't sync the kids' phones! Well, it would if I upgraded the OS, but I have some software which won't run on a later one so I can't, and I haven't heard good things about trying to run later OSs on a 2011 model anyway.

£120 discount in the form of an Apple Store voucher, but that's OK since there's some software and a USB Superdrive I want anyway which I can get with that.

(I will be keeping this machine too, to run my old stuff and replace my even more ancient 2003 eMac in the workshop which is really getting too clunky to run properly.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @ICBM nice one!  What size screen did you get?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    edited November 2017
    @ICBM nice one!  What size screen did you get?  
    Just the 21.5" basic model. I don't have room on my desk for the big one, and they all become obsolete at about the same time so I don't see much point in spending more on a higher spec. This will be the fourth iMac I've had and I've never found the performance a limitation until they're about five years old.

The £120 is the same across the whole range too, so it's the biggest percentage if you buy the cheapest model. [/skinflint] Essentially it's just meant that I won't have to pay for a couple of things I would have bought otherwise.

Edit: or at least, I thought this was all happening until Apple bollocksed up the credit card payment so now I have no computer coming (yet) and my wife had to phone the credit card company to get the account unblocked… last time I order anything big online from the Apple Store!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Having just splashed 20k on a new car, I thought it prudent to actually invest in a decent dash cam front and rear system with hardwire kit to protect my investment. I want it to cover me when parked up as well as there are some arsehole drivers where I live. My current car got a mystery ding overnight once. There's a part of me that hopes the same fuck head does it again and drives off so I can report him to the police for hit and run before raiding his insurance.

Got a decent bf deal on Amazon for that, saved myself about £50 all in. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27590
    British Boxers are doing 25% off everything.

Tailor Store have 40% off a shirt for new customers.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:
    British Boxers are doing 25% off everything.
    So they're British Briefs now then?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom