Anyone here use Readly?

I want to sign up for Readly but I don’t really have a suitable (portable) device to use it on. I have an iPhone 6 which I suspect the screen will be too small to read without constant zooming and panning. 

What device are you using it on? What sort of screen size should I look at? I’m an Apple whore but an iPad would be a costly way to do it as I wouldn’t use it for anything else (I have an iPhone and MacBook for anything else) 

I’m perfectly happy to consider non apple devices as it’s sole purpose would be as a mag reader. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
     @TTony ;
    Isn't this the one you use?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    Alnico said:
     @TTony ;
    It is indeed.

BRISTOL86 said:

What device are you using it on? What sort of screen size should I look at? I’m an Apple whore but an iPad would be a costly way to do it as I wouldn’t use it for anything else
    iPad.  The phone screen is way too small to read a magazine on.  Readly essentially gives you the mag, on screen.  You get all the content, all the formatting of the original mag, most of which are desgined to be A4 format (more or less).

Once you get an iPad, you'll use it for all sorts of things that you never expected to.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited November 2017
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
     @TTony 
    It is indeed.

BRISTOL86 said:

What device are you using it on? What sort of screen size should I look at? I’m an Apple whore but an iPad would be a costly way to do it as I wouldn’t use it for anything else
    iPad.  The phone screen is way too small to read a magazine on.  Readly essentially gives you the mag, on screen.  You get all the content, all the formatting of the original mag, most of which are desgined to be A4 format (more or less).

Once you get an iPad, you'll use it for all sorts of things that you never expected to.
    Thanks Tony.

I’ve had an iPad before. With a phone and a MacBook it got used for almost nothing. £400 is a lot of money to shell out on hardware that’ll be nothing but a magazine viewer. I suppose I could buy used if I do go for it though - I don’t need the latest and greatest just for that. 

Have yoy used an iPad mini? The screen is 8in / do you think that would be enough or would it need to be the full nearly 10in model you think?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    I've not used a mini.   But you can "zoom" the pages in Readly, so I guess you could do that if you needed to read something that was in an uncomfortably small font.  You just have to scroll around the screen a bit more.

Look out for a s/h iPad?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I’ve signed up for a trial membership so I might take a trip to the Apple store and see if I can install it on a mini and see if it’s useable....but yeah I think s/h is the way to go