Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Secret Santa Websites

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
in Off Topic tFB Trader
I need to arrange a secret santa for a few people.

Only needs to be fairly basic, but does need to be able to have some basic rules. For example there are some couples who obviously shouldn't end up buying for each other. 

There are quite a few sites, but I imagine a lot of them end up spamming you with shite

Anyone had joy with one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    No love for secret santa then...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No. Secret Santa is shit

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I like a good secret santa. I'm doing the imgur one.

Can't you just pull names out of a hat? (and put them back in if it results in a mis-match that's against your ruleset?)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Yeah, it can be as simple as you want really. We have done one at work again this year. Names in a hat, if you pulled your own name out you put it back and tried again. Lemon squeezy...
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    I'm so pro christmas I asked to be left out of the work secret santa as its crap.  The answer was no so I said I will buy some absolute tat before I even get a name and whatever I get goes straight in the bin.  eventually I suggested a charitable donation instead which has some fans so hopefully can avoid it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I hate secret Santa. I always refuse to play at work but then I am the Grinch.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

Since when did we need websites to run Secret Santa - consider me out of touch!

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    axisus said:
    I hate secret Santa. I always refuse to play at work but then I am the Grinch.
    @axisus Have I wished you "Happy New Year" yet?

For this year, obvs...

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Secret Santa's a load of shit and a waste of money. Why not get everyone to put in the amount they'd waste of some unwanted Xmas crap and donate it to a local charity/hospice?
    edited November 2017 tFB Trader

Can't you just pull names out of a hat? (and put them back in if it results in a mis-match that's against your ruleset?)
    dindude said:

Since when did we need websites to run Secret Santa - consider me out of touch!

Normally a hat would be fine, but everyone doing it is geographically remote so the choice is either a website or get someone who is not involved to pick the names out (which I have done before, but said person is not available).

Also there is a problem with a hat that you can end up in situations where the last person gets themselves or their wife and the whole thing happens again.

In this case the secret santa thing is for my wifes family who reduce the amount of christmas tat by doing a secret santa meaning everyone only has to buy one present and receive one present.
  • Octafish said:
    Secret Santa's a load of shit and a waste of money. Why not get everyone to put in the amount they'd waste of some unwanted Xmas crap and donate it to a local charity/hospice?
    Ho fucking ho. Do both
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14226
    tFB Trader
    I might do a secret santa this year for my top selling member of staff - C/Shop Strat or similar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    If I give someone a present I want that person to know that I went out of my way to get them a prezzie and that it was my money that paid for it.
    I want all the gratitude and recognition that's coming to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Could you adapt a spreadsheet such as this one to work for your needs?

https://spreadsheetsolving.com/secret-santa-spreadsheet/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Octafish said:
    Ho fucking ho. Do both
    Why? Secret Santa is an exercise in pointlessness and going through the motions. Had to do this a few times at work, all it acheived was making me a fiver down and in possession of some useless piece of crap that I had to throw in the bin...
  • Elfster is what we're using this year.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    There's some miserable buggers on here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited November 2017
    Octafish said:
    Octafish said:
    Ho fucking ho. Do both
    Why? Secret Santa is an exercise in pointlessness and going through the motions. Had to do this a few times at work, all it acheived was making me a fiver down and in possession of some useless piece of crap that I had to throw in the bin...
    Bah, humbug. It's a bit of a laugh. I got a book of rude gestures from around the world last year. Ultimately everything is pointless 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

tFB Trader
    Could you adapt a spreadsheet such as this one to work for your needs?

I could write a script to do it in 5 minutes but I don't want to know the results
  • Could you adapt a spreadsheet such as this one to work for your needs?

I could write a script to do it in 5 minutes but I don't want to know the results
    Ok that makes sense, for whatever reason I didn’t twig that from the first post.