Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

When should christmas tree go up.

What's Hot

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    According to the traditional song there are 12 days of Christmas, and none of them are in f#cking November!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    This is how I like to see my Christmas tree........

Image result for christmas tree with decorations thrown in trash

...preferably before New Year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Wolfetone said:
    This is how I like to see my Christmas tree........

Image result for christmas tree with decorations thrown in trash

...preferably before New Year.
    And that's how i like to shop for my tree!

Ready decorated bargain! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    When I am at home for Christmas, I put up a 5' 5" pre-lit tree during the first weekend of December

Last year, I had a colour scheme of gold and purple baubles. 

This arrived early this morning from Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MA3J0JB/ref=psdc_3028692031_t2_B01M7PGR9S

Really nice, though I won't be at home to set it up for Christmas this year. I am off to New York City on the 8th December.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    When will it go up? Once I've doused it in petrol and struck the match. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • My favourite part of Christmas is in between Christmas and New Year around 3-4pm just before it gets dark, tree lights on, a glass of single malt, some salmon and cream cheese on oatcakes with a garnish of chives and a made for TV American Christmas film starring some yummy MILF(s).

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    edited November 2017
    Last year it went up on 1st November, but my wife was 8 months pregnant at the time and I didn't think it was worth telling her no...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tree goes up 12 days before and comes down 12 days after. There's even a song about it. The Twelve Days of Christmas. It's not  The Two Days of Christmas or The Twenty-four Days of Christmas.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    When I get round to it, love.
  • Tree goes up 12 days before and comes down 12 days after. There's even a song about it. The Twelve Days of Christmas. It's not  The Two Days of Christmas or The Twenty-four Days of Christmas.
    'scuse my arithmetic but isn't 12 days before + 12 days after = 24?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Strictly speaking, Christmas is the period in which McDonalds sell their 'Festive' burger.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Kilgore said:
    Strictly speaking, Christmas is the period in which McDonalds sell their 'Festive' burger.
    Do they still sell the 'Festive Pie' where they swap moulten apple for moulten mince meat and custard. They are nice. But do they ever cool down?!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    CHRISB50 said:
    Kilgore said:
    Do they still sell the 'Festive Pie' where they swap moulten apple for moulten mince meat and custard. They are nice. But do they ever cool down?!
    I don't know, mines still cooling from last year. I think they use them to power Trident subs.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    We have a 4 year old that is very excited about Christmas (possibly because I keep going on about it to her), so our tree will go up next weekend to coincide with her opening her advent calendar.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Tree goes up 12 days before and comes down 12 days after. There's even a song about it. The Twelve Days of Christmas. It's not  The Two Days of Christmas or The Twenty-four Days of Christmas.
    'scuse my arithmetic but isn't 12 days before + 12 days after = 24?
    Correct. Traditionally it should go up on Christmas Eve (and probably late in the day at that) and come down on January 6th. Twelfth Night is the night of the 5th, not 6th.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Bloke across the street from us has just installed his bloody blue and white flashing LED strings across all his shrubbery.  Our Maud also saw him testing one of those projected-image thingies yesterday.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    Whenever you want. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Up 2 weeks before, down 1 week after. I'm quite pleased as my daughters now like to take over and do all decorating, which means that I can just avoid all the hassle.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Never had one, for two reasons....Firstly, and most importantly, I don't believe in it, secondly, I'm not from a Christian family. My wife was born in Russia where they traditionally have New Years' Trees, so we have one of those instead. 

Goes up on the 28th, comes down on the 3rd. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    All I can say is you lot are all