NGD Schecter Ultra DD

What's Hot
So I ordered this a few weeks ago on Amazon  (not realizing it was going to be dispatched from Italy and take at least a week to come)

I've recently been really taken with Schecter as, from my experience, the quality and the parts are excellent for the money. 

Anyway, I knew I wanted a through neck and something loaded with Duncans and managed to pick this up for less than a standard Ultra and around half the cost of the new black and gold DD Ultra. Its a Dan Donegan signature (Disturbed) but the only real testament to that is a small signature on the trust rod cover.

The bonus of it being a signature however included an ebony board, locking tuners, coil splits, a Seymour Duncan 59 and a SD Custom Shop El Diablo.

I'm loving it, although it weighs an absolute ton, definitely more than a traditional Les Paul.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Stunning guitar. Congrats. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    If you step away from the pointy stuff then Schecter make some fine guitars. I’ve had an S1 a tempest a banshee 6 passive and a Shaun Morgan. Should have kept the Morgan. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LKV_JazzmasterLKV_Jazzmaster Frets: 163
    edited November 2017
    johnl said:
    Thanks Dude

grungebob said:
    If you step away from the pointy stuff then Schecter make some fine guitars. I’ve had an S1 a tempest a banshee 6 passive and a Shaun Morgan. Should have kept the Morgan. 
    @grungebob ;;  Those Morgan’s are so hard to get, I’m a little bit shocked I’ll probably have to wait until the new year for mine. I’m looking forward to getting it mind, I like the go faster stripes on the new model. Haha. 

I have an Omen 6 as well that I picked up off eBay a few months ago for £140 that is signed by Seether ! It was a planet rock prize some years ago. Very happy with that. 

I had a syn gates ages for awhile as well. I liked the shape, felt a lot like my Jim Root Jazzmaster but hated the headstock and the floyd. 

I think Schecters might be my new go to brand from now on. 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Also a massive fan of Schecters - the C1 40th Anniversary in my avatar was about £800ish. Wenge and Maple through neck, Ebony fretboard, USA Custom pickups, coil split tone pot, locking tuners - it's ridiculously well appointed for the price. I'm sort of eyeing up one of their singlecuts at the moment....
    johnl said:
    Also a massive fan of Schecters - the C1 40th Anniversary in my avatar was about £800ish. Wenge and Maple through neck, Ebony fretboard, USA Custom pickups, coil split tone pot, locking tuners - it's ridiculously well appointed for the price. I'm sort of eyeing up one of their singlecuts at the moment....
    That’s the guitar I’ve kept my eye on too. I missed out on their Hollywood model that was pretty similar. 
    Every one of their diamond series I’ve bought has had great feet Work and been very well built. 
    Secondhand their absolute steals but the current new Price boggles my mind. 

johnl said:
    Thanks Dude

grungebob said:
    @grungebob ;;  Those Morgan’s are so hard to get, I’m a little bit shocked I’ll probably have to wait until the new year for mine. I’m looking forward to getting it mind, I like the go faster stripes on the new model. Haha. 

I have an Omen 6 as well that I picked up off eBay a few months ago for £140 that is signed by Seether ! It was a planet rock prize some years ago. Very happy with that. 

I had a syn gates ages for awhile as well. I liked the shape, felt a lot like my Jim Root Jazzmaster but hated the headstock and the floyd. 

The Morgan has a nice weight to it, isn’t neck heavy and the tone is decent. I always wanted to change the pickup for something a little less output as I thought it’d transform the guitar but I didn’t want to mess with it too much as I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it. It lasted all of three hours when I listed it on eBay. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebob said:

johnl said:
    Thanks Dude

grungebob said:

The Morgan has a nice weight to it, isn’t neck heavy and the tone is decent. I always wanted to change the pickup for something a little less output as I thought it’d transform the guitar but I didn’t want to mess with it too much as I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it. It lasted all of three hours when I listed it on eBay. 
    @grungebob ;It wasn’t a Sunburst one was it? Every time you google Shaun Morgan Schecter Used an old eBay ad loads up for it. It doesn’t surprise me though. Can I ask if you had to wait for yours or did someone have it in stock? johnl said:
    Nice! Are you thinking the Tele or LP style ? @johnl ;

i think next on my list when I inevitable start gassing again will be one of the PT Hybrids. 
    @LKV_Jazzmaster no. Mine was the white.