SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender MIJ P-Bass Sunburst include hardcase

What's Hot
neioneio Frets: 15
edited January 2018 in Basses £

For sale MIJ Fender Precision Bass in Sunburst body and rosewood fretboard. Price £500 ono including hardcase.

Pickups by DiMarzio, not sure which model but it sounds huge and snappy. Weight is super light about 3.68kg. Condition in general is good, properly played and beaten, dings and scratches around the body as you would expect from a nearly 30 years old bass. It's H serial from 1988-1989.

Previous owner seems to have half-scalloped (lower part) some of the frets i.e. fret 9,10,12,13,15,17,19. See pictures for details. But that doesn't affect playability whatsoever, in fact better access to the lower register.

Cash on collection preferred, location Hornchurch, Essex. Paypal family and friend also acceptable. You may arrange courier for collection at your own risk.

For 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Nice. 
  • neioneio Frets: 15
    bump

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    The DiMarzio pickup looks like a DP122 Model P. (Adjustable hex polepieces, ceramic bar magnets, plenty of output.) The logo in the covers suggests a specific production period. I dare say that this can be looked up but I am too lazy to actually do so. 

The body wood and machineheads both remind me of my Squier Silver Series P Bass. 
    Be seeing you.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Some wear at 12th fret. Is that caused by string bending?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    edited January 2018
    dupe
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    JezWynd said:
    Some wear at 12th fret. Is that caused by string bending?
    neio said:
    Previous owner seems to have half-scalloped some of the frets i.e. fret 9,10,12,13,15,17,19. 

Looks like somebody drew inspiration from Billy Sheehan but baulked at removing as much wood as Sheehan did. 

The solutions are;
    1) finish the scalloping job properly
    2) have an entire new fingerboard fitted
    3) obtain a complete new replacement neck.

String bending is what the scalloping is supposed to facilitate. 

Be seeing you.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Maybe they had a pet hamster.

(There was one up for sale last year where someone's hamster had got at it!)
  • NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    I think that neck makes it a write-off. Part it out maybe?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom