Sperzels fitted as standard on a fender?

What's Hot
stuagustuagu Frets: 334
trying a custom shop fender modern strat in guitar shop the other day and it had sperzels fitted. They looked factory fitted, as in very neat and no marks from other tuners being on there but iv never seen them fitted as standard before? 
Anybody know if its possible it came from fender with these ( rather than some scheller locking type which i would imagine would be more normal? ) 

thnx gu 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    You can have whatever you like on a custom shop, so yes they probably were original. Let me know the serial number and I can check. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I had a Strat Plus back in the 80’s that had Sperzels on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember them on the early Strat Plus models too, and if memory serves me correctly they were also on the Anniversary model from the late seventies, though the latter weren't locking Sperzels.
  • I remember them on the early Strat Plus models too, and if memory serves me correctly they were also on the Anniversary model from the late seventies, though the latter weren't locking Sperzels.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14184
    tFB Trader
    valid comments as above - as an overview many 'vintage' spec'd Custom Shop models have not been fitted with Sperzels - tend to be vintage based Klusons - however as Matt at Fender states, they can be ordered with Sperzels and other options as required - I've sold many 56 NOS fiesta red Strats which are Hank Marvin flavoured and have Sperzels as standard - Further more many of the more 'modern' flavoured C/Shop models, like the Custom Deluxe etc have had Sperzels or similar fitted as standard
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Thnx for comments chaps. Il get serial number ( thnx matt) .
    this is a modern strat ( truss rod adjustment headstck end) " birdseye" ( i think its called.?) neck , lovely bit of wood, gold body, gold metal scratchplate. Noiseless pickups. 
    tFB Trader
    stuagu said:
    this is a modern strat ( truss rod adjustment headstck end) " birdseye" ( i think its called.?) neck , lovely bit of wood, gold body, gold metal scratchplate. Noiseless pickups. 
    sounds like a Custom Deluxe, or a similar derivative of that - so essentially a Custom Shop version of the big selling AM Deluxe - more modern spec'd - nice guitar and generally available at good prices - maybe £1400/1600 ish based on case, certificate, colour, fret wear, condition etc
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017 tFB Trader
    stuagu said:
    should still be 9.5" fingerboard radius + medium jumbo frets (or similar)
    Its up for 1000 ( pre haggle)  but its been gigged fairly hard ( not that that bothers me) , case but no certificate ( im assuming it wouldve had somethng) and needs a bit of love/ set up. 
    tFB Trader
    stuagu said:
    Its up for 1000 ( pre haggle)  but its been gigged fairly hard ( not that that bothers me) , case but no certificate ( im assuming it wouldve had somethng) and needs a bit of love/ set up. 
    hard to comment on wear but 1K for a C/Shop sounds more than fair - I wouldn't get hung up on the COA but with a few pics etc they can be ordered but around £60/70 to order one
    Thnx. :)