Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Fractal Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    No luck with that guy off the Fractal forum? Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants. Anyone upgrading from the AX8 to the III? Good luck mate!

No - he's holding out until the III comes out. I think hes hoping for a price drop on the II XL's then.

Im not in a rush, so will keep on looking!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    No luck with that guy off the Fractal forum? Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants. Anyone upgrading from the AX8 to the III? Good luck mate!

No - he's holding out until the III comes out. I think hes hoping for a price drop on the II XL's then.

Im not in a rush, so will keep on looking!

He told me he's holding out for a III now as he wrote his post before the announcement. Didn't mention anything about dropping a price or doing a deal, so just ignored him hoping that he'd get back to you. Shame!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    peteri said:
    I've had my AX8 for a couple of months now and fairly happy with it so far. The issue Im having is matching cabs to amps. Is there any guidance anywhere on which cabs are best with which amps? The whole trial and error thing is wearing me out...
    I sound like I'm getting money for this - but I can't recommend Austin Buddy's Naked Amp pack highly enough.

I've gone from being please with the AX8 to completely loving it, you get every amp matched to a factory cab and with the controls all set to a typically right sounding value.

I bought it on a whim thinking it was a con, but wanting to try it.

Best money I've ever spent
    Thanks Peteri, I'll take a look...
    I decide d to buy the Austin Buddy pack as it looks like just what I need. How long does the email take to come through, I've had nothing yet?
    Came through straight away for me. Have you checked your spam folder?
  • peteri said:
    peteri said:
    I've had my AX8 for a couple of months now and fairly happy with it so far. The issue Im having is matching cabs to amps. Is there any guidance anywhere on which cabs are best with which amps? The whole trial and error thing is wearing me out...
    I sound like I'm getting money for this - but I can't recommend Austin Buddy's Naked Amp pack highly enough.

I've gone from being please with the AX8 to completely loving it, you get every amp matched to a factory cab and with the controls all set to a typically right sounding value.

I decide d to buy the Austin Buddy pack as it looks like just what I need. How long does the email take to come through, I've had nothing yet?
    Yes all good now find it. Looking forward to hearing the tones...
  • Bloody typical, I bought the Naked Amp pack on Tuesday night and have had to work late last night and tonight. Can't wait to load them up.....
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 362
    edited February 2018
    peteri said:
    peteri said:

Yes all good now find it. Looking forward to hearing the tones...
    First run through and really impressed, this is how I wanted the Ax8 to sound out of the box...
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Good news! Same for me
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 446
    Interesting to read comments about the Austin Buddy pack.... was about to buy it when they announced the III so now on the list for that but not sure if I'll upgrade, if not then I'll defo be giving the Buddy pack a whirl.

Would be ideal if the units came bundled with a set of perfectly matched presets to get you going.  Would save endless hours of tweaking!
  • Problem is that your perfect match may not be mine. Maybe, I dunno.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Having just got my AX8 - I now find the AxeII and MFC method of patch, scene and IA selection very cumbersome. It will be interesting to see how the new footcontrollers allow much slicker setups.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Auditioning amps with the Austin a Buddy amp pack is so easy compared to all the guesswork...
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Just about to maybe pull the trigger on the ML Brit cab pack..... yet more IRs!!!

I'm after a decent Creamback IR... but I thought a creamback was a G12H-75 or G12M-75, even though the pack says it's a G12-H30..... which I thought was an Anniversary???
  • My continuing AX8 story if anyone's interested.....Yesterday I had a day off so took the generally accepted advice and set up our PA tops and desk in the local pub function room to fine tune some levels. I had done a solo gig last Saturday in this room and was pretty pleased with my patches. With the cabs pointing at me though my patches seemed a bit harsh so I set about auditioning Austin Buddy Naked Amps playing along with backing tracks. This worked really well as I heard them in context and ended up with totally different dirty patches than I had previously thought were what I wanted. Friedman and CAE instead of Marshall 1987x and Lonestar...
  • Superb, glad it's working for you! 

I'm missing my gear immensely! :-( Spunked it a bit early...story of my life.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    @firepaulmusic , did you have to do much tweaking to the Austin Buddy patches? Has he already dialled in high and low cuts on the Cabs?
  • Superb, glad it's working for you! 

I'm missing my gear immensely! :-( Spunked it a bit early...story of my life.
    As Toto once sang, "Love isn't always on time, woah woah woah....".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beexter said:
    @firepaulmusic , did you have to do much tweaking to the Austin Buddy patches? Has he already dialled in high and low cuts on the Cabs?
    Didn't change a single thing, they sound so natural it doesn't seem right to start tweaking...
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    An extra $1000 to jump the waitlist
    they really do have some odd business practices 
  • WTF! That's rough as fuck. Poor pricks already on the waiting list have to suffer, just to make a quick buck?

IveInot read their reasoning so will afford them the benefit of the doubt until I do. Sounds shitty though.

• Ok just read their reasoning and I'm not convinced. Let eBay be eBay and look after your own.