Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• @meltedbuzzbox - There are warehouses smaller than Gav's.  The Moog delay is on a very small list of pedals that is one my 'to get' list.  Not because of the initial hype but because how many of you certain guys have stuck with it and when you consider how easy it'd be to flip one then that says a lot. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sorry, but as part of the establishment here, I have to dock you two Moogs for the presence of the M9.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Teetonetal is it (Murf that is) 

I heard it running through a PA with a Omnicrom or whatever it was called. Seemed fine. 
    Thinking about it I ran it through my recording setup with no issues. 

I have had some "quirks" with mine though. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @meltedbuzzbox mine is fixed so doesn't count ;)

@randomhandclaps yup the rotosphere is huge!! But it sounds so good in stereo :) and it's very light..
  • meltedbuzzbox;905947" said:
    @Teetonetal is it (Murf that is) 

I heard it running through a PA with a Omnicrom or whatever it was called. Seemed fine. Thinking about it I ran it through my recording setup with no issues. 

I have had some "quirks" with mine though. 
    It sounds great in stereo. Till you put it in bypass.. then it uses left side only. Very annoyed.
  • @digitalscream ;

That M9 has more than earnt its space mate. Such a great pedal (dont talk about the drive sounds (tube driver the exception))
    As you can see it's hanging with some highly regarded stuff on the back row and it more than keeps pace. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @digitalscream ;

That M9 has more than earnt its space mate. Such a great pedal (dont talk about the drive sounds (tube driver the exception))
    As you can see it's hanging with some highly regarded stuff on the back row and it more than keeps pace. 
    Oh, I don't doubt it for a minute. In fact, it's kinda on the shortlist for my new MIDI-based rig.

The assertion is purely because the M9 is practical, whereas your average cork-sniffer would be hard-pressed to criticise the rest of it ;)
    <space for hire>
  • I personally feel its a much better delay unit than the Empress sat next to it. 
    Throw in all the other cool things it does and an used price of £150 it's a total no brainer for me.

I was late to the game with the m9. If I had to start it all again tomorrow I think the m9 would be the first purchase, sharply followed by the Nobels Odr-S (and funnily enough the cheapest stuff on my board)
  • @Teetonetal - A lovely board mate ! Could do with a better photo to reveal all of its sonic joy :)
  • @Teetonetal - A lovely board mate ! Could do with a better photo to reveal all of its sonic joy :)
    Cheers @Wazmeister. Very true, sadly I play in a no natural light nuclear fallout bunker (yes really) and only have the camera phone . 

I'm also useless at taking nice gear shots.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672
    edited December 2015
    the randomness of those moog logos would REALLY annoy me (I may have mentioned this before ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • @Paul_c you have...

They are in a more uniform order now
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    So, this is where 2015 has left me..

wow man...you've amassed a great collection of noise making machines.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    here's my latest...not too many changes apart from the funky gaffa tape on the volume pedal and anywhere else i could put it...and the red torch to use with the optical theramin

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • absolutpepperabsolutpepper Frets: 222
    edited December 2015
    Just completed mine, not wired it all up yet.  Sure i'll get some Strymon hate but thats cool, im happy and thats what counts.  Signal path is guitar > Boss FV500H > Polytune Mini (Tuner Out) > JHS/Keeley Steak N Eggs > Lovepedal HI-Volt > Red Panda BitMap > EQD Rainbow Machine (running the Moog EP-3 Exp pedal) > Mobius > Timeline > BigSky > MarkOne Loop with Ibanez Session Man II in > amp.

All sitting on a Pedaltrain Classic 2, powered by a Voodoo Lab 4x4.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    edited December 2015
    I'm probably going to get a new pedal board to neaten this up (one of the PTs but not sure what size yet), and for simplicity going to try and stick to one dirt pedal, so would go:

Guitar>Dr S The Cleanness>Dr S Frazz Dazzler, or another dirt/fuzz, i.e my Rat 2 or maybe get a Soulbender 2 (other suggestions?)>Red Panda Particle>Timeline>H9 Max>Big Sky.

May leave room for one more pedal...y'know, for emergencies :)

http://i.imgur.com/IXkpmA9.jpg

• I'm probably going to get a new pedal board to neaten this up (one of the PTs but not sure what size yet), and for simplicity going to try and stick to one dirt pedal, so would go:

Guitar>Dr S The Cleanness>Dr S Frazz Dazzler, or anothet dirt/fuzz, i.e my Rat 2 or maybe get a Soulbender 2 (other suggestions?)>Red Panda Particle>Timeline>H9 Max>Big Sky.

May leave room for one more pedal...y'know, for emergencies :)

http://i.imgur.com/IXkpmA9.jpg

Pedalboardplanner.com 

• Been a while since I put my board in this thread, very happy with this
    http://imageshack.us/a/img903/1786/bLGypY.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    edited December 2015
    preston61 said:
    Been a while since I put my board in this thread, very happy with this
    http://imageshack.us/a/img903/1786/bLGypY.jpg

incredible, The POT is top of my list for next year I reckon.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    I have to ask, do these huge boards go out of the house? Lugging all that stuff around must be a nightmare. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom