Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsrz4nbxvl.jpeg

Theres es my pedalboard, on top of my amp! I'm doing my best to keep my rig as simple as possible so I concentrate on writing and recording! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    timmysoft said:
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsrz4nbxvl.jpeg

Theres es my pedalboard, on top of my amp! I'm doing my best to keep my rig as simple as possible so I concentrate on writing and recording!

Nice!

I had pretty much the same set up for 15 years.  TS-9 on top of my old Blues DeVille amp.

At the end of the day, good guitar playing/technique, good sense of melody, chord vocabulary, skills in working with other musicians and complimenting/enhancing the music, etc, trumps all the fancy gear in the world.

We're recording our second album next month.

Keep on keeping on..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Laurie said:
    timmysoft said:

Nice!

I had pretty much the same set up for 15 years.  TS-9 on top of my old Blues DeVille amp.

At the end of the day, good guitar playing/technique, good sense of melody, chord vocabulary, skills in working with other musicians and complimenting/enhancing the music, etc, trumps all the fancy gear in the world.

We're recording our second album next month.

Keep on keeping on..
    couldn't agree more! I will never be a great guitarist, but id like to think i'm a good writer and fun to be in a band with! The gear whoring is on its way out, i'm now just pushing to write and record better music.

good luck on the second album, its the hardest one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 82
    edited August 2016
    Heres my home made board on top of my Fender  Blues Deluxe

Right to Left-

Boss SD 1 Overdrive- Mooer Phaser - Tone City(Tape Machine) Delay - MXR Dyna Comp- Boss Loop Station

http://i.imgur.com/SogxvKa.jpg

Les 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260

Thought it was about time I should share. 

NPD: "Overdrive pedal distortion retro" - bought from some bloke on eBay, don't know much about it. Sounds good. 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    cbellanga said:
    Updated .. using a temple board solo 18, very nice indeed!

How you finding the temple board? Seen a lot of varying reviews on them and unsure whether to pull the trigger or not.... I really like the whole modular idea going on with it
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    paul_xt said:
    How you finding the temple board? Seen a lot of varying reviews on them and unsure whether to pull the trigger or not.... I really like the whole modular idea going on with it
    I like it a lot .. definitely an improvement from pedaltrain. I like the raised angle, helps reaching the pedals on the back, the option to have a junction box on the sides, the perforated base so I can pass the cables through them.. it's still quite light and strong and just a tiny bigger than my previous metro 16.

I'm also thinking of moving the comp (set and forget) under the board.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited August 2016
    Whilst Chris from @CustomPedalBoards wires up my BOSS ES-8 board, I've had to put together a secondary board with some of the pedals that won't make it onto that one. I'm quite looking forward to playing this actually, though not so much the tap-dancing.

Effects into preamp:
    Polytune > Plutoneium Chi Wahwah > EHX Soul Preacher compressor (bleh...) > Catalin DLS MkII > 
    Timmy Clone made by @handsomerik

In the loop:
    Mooer Ninety Orange > Visual Sound H2O (wired for chorus first then delay) > MXR CC > Diamond Tremolo

I have cut the cable off the footswitch for the amp as it was fraying badly and had it drilled so that I could wire a Neutrik locking stereo jack in. I just use a TRS cable from that into the footswitch socket on the back of the amp.

The H2O delay gives me a short/slapback delay and the CC is set for a longer one for a dotted-eighth feel if I want it. The only one of these pedals I'm iffy about is the EHX compressor which is OK, but I'm so used to the SP compressor with its blend control now that I cant really get a sound I'm happy with. Plus it's so noisy when it's on.
  • Whilst Chris from @CustomPedalBoards wires up my BOSS ES-8 board, I've had to put together a secondary board with some of the pedals that won't make it onto that one. I'm quite looking forward to playing this actually, though not so much the tap-dancing.

Effects into preamp:
    Polytune > Plutoneium Chi Wahwah > EHX Soul Preacher compressor (bleh...) > Catalin DLS MkII > @handsomerik >
    Timmy Clone

In the loop:
    Mooer Ninety Orange > Visual Sound H2O (wired for chorus first then delay) > MXR CC > Diamond Tremolo

I have cut the cable off the footswitch for the amp as it was fraying badly and had it drilled so that I could wire a Neutrik locking stereo jack in. I just use a TRS cable from that into the footswitch socket on the back of the amp.

The H2O delay gives me s short/slapback delay and the CC is set for a longer one for a dotted-eighth feel if I want it. The only one of htese pedals I'm iffy about is the EHX compressor which is OK, but I'm so used to the SP compressor with its blend control now that I cant really get a sound I'm happy with. Plus it's so noisy when it's on.
    oooh that'll do it!
    hey nice early version DLS
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    Whilst Chris from @CustomPedalBoards wires up my BOSS ES-8 board, I've had to put together a secondary board with some of the pedals that won't make it onto that one. I'm quite looking forward to playing this actually, though not so much the tap-dancing.

Effects into preamp:
    Polytune > Plutoneium Chi Wahwah > EHX Soul Preacher compressor (bleh...) > Catalin DLS MkII > @handsomerik >
    Timmy Clone

In the loop:

The H2O delay gives me s short/slapback delay and the CC is set for a longer one for a dotted-eighth feel if I want it. The only one of htese pedals I'm iffy about is the EHX compressor which is OK, but I'm so used to the SP compressor with its blend control now that I cant really get a sound I'm happy with. Plus it's so noisy when it's on.
    oooh that'll do it!
    hey nice early version DLS
    I LOVE the MkII. I had a chance to upgrade it to the MkIII but I couldn't seem to get the same thump out of it when you wind the "Fullness" up on the Mk.II.
  • yeh i got the silver 1, is that the mk3 is it? nice pedal tho, i find it a better sounding M type OD than the SL drive from xotic
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    The first one as white, then the MkII was purple. The MkIII is sliver and has BMT controls where the MKII has "Presence" and "fullness". They're both great MiaB pedals although I think Wampler's Plexidrives just edge them.
    The first one as white, then the MkII was purple. The MkIII is sliver and has BMT controls where the MKII has "Presence" and "fullness". They're both great MiaB pedals although I think Wampler's Plexidrives just edge them.
    There was also a limited version of the mk2 with BMT controls, I believe they called it a super bass DLS. 
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    edited August 2016
    edited August 2016
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Beef said:

Thought it was about time I should share. 

NPD: "Overdrive pedal distortion retro" - bought from some bloke on eBay, don't know much about it. Sounds good. 
    Needs more metalzone 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
    edited August 2016
    Nothing special here  just some some tones that I enjoy daily :)

https://imgur.com/a/hOj5H
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited August 2016
    I've simplified! After years of it living on my board I think the Vox wah is off for good. Not only do I use it as a crutch to make boring solos sound a bit more interesting (ala kirk hammett), but I didn't realise how much the bypass was sucking my tone and sustain. Like, really noticeable amounts. I think it's amplified with my SG as it doesn't have as much natural sustain as the LPs I've always used, but taking it out of the chain makes such a difference. It's meant to be TB modded but not sure how well that's worked. Think I may downsize to a PT nano+ (just to allow for a few extra pedals, have a DD7 which may go back on) and get a onespot.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited August 2016
    Something like this - I should put it on a board though. Dragging this shit to gigs is annoying. 

Fuzz sometimes swapped out for a different one. Echo Park sometimes swapped out for TC Flashback.

I only use the Echo Park for reverse echo, it sounds so good. The Ibanez Delay Cheap was a gift, does fine for warm-sounding quicker delays. I've had one for about 10 years.