Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    edited August 2016
    Back to the beginning. Look at the void!

https://imgur.com/StazVRt
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Quick change .. moved the SP comp under the board so I could fit the gravitas .. looks like I'm done for some time now :)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnorthodoxUnorthodox Frets: 395
    Now even less like a pedalboard and more of a pedals on desk affair. It's a strange mix of new and old. Sound runs through the pair of Missions, a Logitech 5.1 sub/amp with Cambridge Soundworks satellites and a Line 6 DT50 all at once. Sounds pretty good to me :)

And one with the lights down.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Unorthodox Double wow...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26550
    Jesus. I look away for a couple of months, and suddenly the "pedalboard" thread has turned into the "art installation" thread.
    <space for hire>
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Now even less like a pedalboard and more of a pedals on desk affair. It's a strange mix of new and old. Sound runs through the pair of Missions, a Logitech 5.1 sub/amp with Cambridge Soundworks satellites and a Line 6 DT50 all at once. Sounds pretty good to me :)

And one with the lights down.

Do you have to stand on chair to use it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    cbellanga said:
    Quick change .. moved the SP comp under the board so I could fit the gravitas .. looks like I'm done for some time now :)

Looking good. How are you liking the gravitas?
  • UnorthodoxUnorthodox Frets: 395
    sgosden said:
    Do you have to stand on chair to use it?
    If you want to use the on-board expression pedal, yes. Otherwise there are two expression pedals under the desk hooked up, so it's perfectly fine sitting down to play :).
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited August 2016
    The new board...quite a lot of flexibility with just a few pedals.  I have "spare" power sockets at each end of the board so I can easily add a Talisman reverb to the end of the board and either a Fuzz or wah to the front. 
    The Jack Rabbit serves double duty as a tremolo or clean boost post drive. Me like.

• mynamesnotbobmynamesnotbob Frets: 114
    edited August 2016
    Heres my current one.

Way on the front end. Drives, compressor and Pitch fork in the loops of the ES-8, along with the pre signal from the mobius in a loop on the ES-8

Mobius post and Timeline in the loop of the amp, controlled by MIDI from ES-8, along with a Decibel 11 adding 4 more loops, and within that I have the alter ego (can change preset but not bypass with straight MIDI, so needed for bypass) and HOF - Both being able to be bypassed via midi along with changing preset on the AE.

Top right pedal is expression mainly for pitch fork, but also routed to Strymons via midi, and bottom right is normal volume pedal.

Also switches channels on amp via control sockets. Power supplies under the board.

Sentry Noise Gate is set up in 4 cable method (inst in, everything including in the loop, and back into power amp). Works well for all but the silly delay reverb shenanigans, which are normally clean so it's bypassed.

Working well for me at the moment, but I'm sure I'll rewire soon....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    A little rejig of the home pedalboard (top) and band pedalboard. Rare to have these two side by side!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    edited August 2016
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • glynesglynes Frets: 131
    Simple things for simple people
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4516
    edited September 2016
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    edited September 2016

• damm73 said:
    Back to basics board...insofar as there's no loop switching or midi...everything in series into front of amp. Tap dancing is all part of the fun. New Buffalo fx M1 fuzz is fantastic btw...I think everyone is going to want one...get yourselves to Joes Pedals in a hurry if you do!

Whats that pedal bottom right? Is it a dual overdrive?!?!? :D
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    damm73 said:
    Back to basics board...insofar as there's no loop switching or midi...everything in series into front of amp. Tap dancing is all part of the fun. New Buffalo fx M1 fuzz is fantastic btw...I think everyone is going to want one...get yourselves to Joes Pedals in a hurry if you do!

Whats that pedal bottom right? Is it a dual overdrive?!?!? :D
    It's the JHS Bunrunner - a slightly controversial dual fuzz (the Devi Ever clone that Josh denied for ages)
    Stop crying, start buying
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26550
    edited September 2016
    Latest version of mine...a number of changes:

Excuse the mess - not fine-tuned the cable routing yet, so nothing's really tied down.

The Time Factor replaces my GSP1101 rack unit, which is the whole point of this little exercise. The Nux PMS-2 gadget - a MIDI-controlled relay switcher for controlling my amp - is under the board. You can see the MIDI cable poking out of it between the Time Factor and the Mooer phaser.

The frustration with this build is that it actually requires three separate power supplies. The Peak MIDI controller induces so much noise (even through supposedly isolated supplies) that it's unbearable to use on the same supply as the signal pedals. Then there's the Eventide, which needs a centre-positive supply and doesn't play well with others.

So...I've got a Warwick Rockboard LT rechargeable running the tuner, phaser and boost. Then there's a Diago Micropower9 running the Peak, and at the moment I've got a crappy wall wart running the Eventide; I'm waiting for an adapter to arrive so I can use another Micropower9 to power it.

All in all, it's a massive faff. However, it's worth it for the fact that my band rig has gone from this:

Guitar
    Amp
    Cab
    Cable bag
    Pedalboard
    Rack

...to this:

Guitar
    Amp
    Cab
    Pedalboard (my cables all fit in the soft case)

Easier to carry, much easier to set up and break down.
    <space for hire>
  • ewalewal Frets: 2580
    edited September 2016
    Joined the Ikea £5 quid shelf camp.... Mixture of home builds, cheapos and one almost boutique. Would like to replace the Muff with something like an EQD Hoof Reaper, but tbh I would only use it to make huge walls of noise, and if cheap EHX and Dano pedals are good enough for real musicians (rather than forum geeks), then they should be good enough for me.

http://imgur.com/a/SJEi4

eta: tried to add an image using the option in the editor, but it didn't work. My board's no that fancy compared to some of the others here anyway:)
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience