SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

**SOLD** 1984 Squier JV series PB331 medium scale (rare)

What's Hot
4chordprog4chordprog Frets: 9
edited January 2018 in Basses £

Offering this lovely and quite rare bass for sale. it is a 1984 Squier JV P bass with 32in scale (medium). Made in Japan for its domestic market. In very good condition considering its age. All original except the La Bella flats. I really dont want to sell this as this is really a keeper and such a joy to play, but I need to pay for a recent purchase. If I can afford to keep this I definitely will. Will come with a basic gigbag, a strap and some extra strings. Selling at £600 firm, which is a bargain for its condition and rarity.  Can be collected at WD6 or in Central London area.

https://imgur.com/a/OZmQU

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Bad news, I'm afraid. The mid/late Eighties decal and machineheads on the headstock of your bass guitar indicate that it cannot be from a JV series instrument.

To be honest, I do not recall a short scale model in the the JV series.

The short scale MIJ basses first appeared when Fender UK catalogues folded out like a map. Range names such as Contemporary and Popular were applied to both Fender and Squier branded instruments. The System vibratos were launched and weird models such as the Katana were offered.

In my opinion, everything about your bass guitar resembles a mid to late Eighties E Series APART from the neck anchor plate.

I dare say that ICBM will be along soon with more details.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 4chordprog4chordprog Frets: 9
    edited December 2017
    Hmm, Yeah maybe ICBM can chime in. But It was imported from Japan by my friend as it is, advertised as a JV. So you think this one is an E series as well?

https://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Fender-Japan-Squier-JV-Precision-Bass-1984-Black-49923

I am not that knowledgable with JV’s tbh, but it is such a coincidence that two E series Pbasses was swapped with JV neck plates with serial that is 9 units apart. :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I'd say this is an '85 Japan only market

It's in this catalogue and the 32" scale was Japan only market:

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/fenderjapan/boxer/en_index.html

As for the JV plate? Dunno. I have heard they used the JV numbers for Japanese domestic market as late as 86 but I can't give an opinion. The tuners look correct for an '85 to me. I'd say you have an 85 PB-331 from the Japanese domestic market. Definitely MIJ and definitely correct for the domestic market in 85
  • bump. tempt me with trade offers
  • bump
  • SOLD