SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bargain Time - Gold Yamaha SA2000S + New Hard Case - SOLD

What's Hot
LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
edited December 2017 in Guitars £
Hi guys,

Blimey - not been on here in a while. Life getting in the way

Anyway, Christmas has hit me particularly hard this year.
Partially self-inflicted as I did spend 10k on a car (oops), but had to do a load of work on the house too, so the bank balance is looking rather depressing.

So, I think it's time to let my SA2000S go.
To be honest, it's been in its case for over a year, and it's an absolute waste just having it sat there.

Quick background story on the guitar:
  • I bought it way back in September/October 2015 (imported from Japan). The finish was fooked so I thought I'd get it refinished in something a bit different.. gold
  • The legend that is @lamf68 did the wonderful refinish job - full thread and pics HERE.
  • When I got it back, the plan was to replace all the tarnished gold hardware with shiny new chrome or nickel hardware and to replace the original pickups. However, I was in the process of buying my house at the same time, so I've never been able to get round to it, and it's been sat unloved (aww) in its case for a long old time now.
So, the guitar will come with all its original tarnished hardware, pickups and wiring - it just needs re-assembling and re-stringing.
Or, you can treat it as a bit of a project like I was going to do and replace all the hardware so that it looks shiny & new
Everything works as it should when assembled - I'm sure a lot of you know just how good and revered these old Yammys are!

Comes with a hard case - not the original, but basically brand new.
Bit of fret wear as you'd expect on a nearly 40 year old guitar, but still plays absolutely fine.

Gonna let it go for 500 quid (now sold) whilst it needs a little bit of work.
That's considerably less than I paid for it, plus the refin cost a few quid too.
Obviously no offers at that price, and no swaps (need the coinage).

I'm in Wigan (nr Manchester) and would rather not post, as in all honesty, I'm a lazy bastard and I can't be arsed packing it all up and sourcing a box. Plus it'd be a damn shame if it got damaged in transit.
Happy to travel to meet up though (for free if it's a reasonable distance, or might need a few quid for petrol if I'm going well out my way).

In case you missed the earlier link, pics can be seen on THIS THREAD.

If you've got any questions, please fire away.
Also, feel free to come and view it over the Christmas/New Year period if you wish - I'm not swanning off anywhere this year.

Cheers,
Lew
Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments