SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Rocktron Utopia G300 (SOLD)

hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
edited June 2018 in FX £
The G300 didn't get much attention when it was launched due to a low volume of advertising and Rocktron not being the brand of the moment. I bought it based on my very satisfied prior experience with Rocktron gear and have gigged it for the last 8 years. 

I stopped using it when I went down the pedal rabbit hole and eventually realised that I wanted a multi-fx with a little more versatility than the G300 so have gone Helix.

So with that said, what does this offer? Well, a lot of the things that people enjoy about the Helix/FX8 are here within. DI out to the PA, expression pedal that can change 3 parameters at once, a choice of 5 amp models, (roughly based around Fender clean, Tweed, Marshall and 2 high gain Rectifier styles), modulation, single delay or two delays in series, (think Andy Timmons) and reverb. Headphone out allows you to practice in silence and the cab sim can be disabled for use with an amp. It has its own effects loop and and MIDI ports.

So whilst its certainly not to the level of complexity of today's units and uses amp simulation rather than modelling, its never let me down and sounds fantastic. If you know the Rocktron Prophesy or Voodu Valve, the sounds and interface are very similar.

Comes with original box, manual, power supply - £75 PPG + postage or happy to meet up around the M25 or Oxfordshire.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments