NGD x 2 - '70's MIJ Goodness

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017

While out on the highways and byways today, these two arrived, both in period cases.

First up is an old Matsumoku set-neck 'Country' LP copy, courtesy of an aquaintance of @Funkfingers:

Second was a similar-era set-neck Kimbara L6S copy:

Both need a wee bit of TLC, but will clean up nicely. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    not sure I've ever seen a Kimbara L6 copy - fading memory bank on my part if I have

never heard of 'Country' before - assume like many of the Matsumoku models, it is a brand name used by an importer/distributor or even a large chain of dealers - but suspect streets ahead of the regular bolt on versions like Avon, Sattelite etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    Indeed, @guitars4you - both appear to have Gotoh hardware.

Both are also solid wood, although the Country has a ply top.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    set-neck Kimbara L6S copy:
    You kept that one quiet!  :o
    not sure I've ever seen a Kimbara L6 copy 
    The L6 copies that I recall were by CSL.

never heard of 'Country' before - assume like many of the Matsumoku models, it is a brand name used by an importer/distributor 
    Googling for Country brand guitars yields very few results. Trawling the Matsumoku enthusiast websites, you will find some images of acoustic guitars and LP copies.
    ... courtesy of an aquaintance of @Funkfingers:
    Long story short. Purchased in France, by a friend of Italian extraction, from a Cameroonian. (You couldn't make this up!
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You see, whilst on my way to various clients around the UK, I often sit in traffic jams cursing the other drivers of their work related trips out. 

Little did I realise they are actually all driving around the UK for clandestine meet ups to buy old Japanese copies of unpopular Gibson guitars..

Get out me bleedin' way! Some of us have work to do!

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I only drove today to enjoy the aquaplaning opportunities afforded by the M4. Some clown in a little red Corvette Peugeot had churned up the central reservation near Bridgend, causing a lane closure. 
    Be seeing you.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    iSTR Kimbara was an FCN brand ( local to me back in the day) who also went onto distribute Ibanez etc. CSL was Summerfield there was considerable overlap between the two in their use of Japanese factories Fujigen etc.

L6s nice score 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    It almost looks like they built th L6s out of 3 different wood species for that body
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I suspect that it is two pieces of Sen either side of one piece of Basswood. The clear coat looks original. Somebody intended that bold grain to be seen. Images of the neck heel would confirm whether any refinishing might ever have occurred.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    That l6s looks bloody brillaint I def share you. Love if the old jap stuff 
  • M.F.M.F. Frets: 1

While out on the highways and byways today, these two arrived, both in period cases.

First up is an old Matsumoku set-neck 'Country' LP copy, courtesy of an aquaintance of @Funkfingers:

Second was a similar-era set-neck Kimbara L6S copy:

Both need a wee bit of TLC, but will clean up nicely. :)
    Hi!

Are those for sale? If they are, how much for black one? I'm very interested! You can also PM me for the price.
    Thanks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Good luck getting Harry to part with anything, you’d have to pry it from his cold dead fingers.  :)
    M.F. said:
    how much for black one? I'm very interested!
    Zombie thread x 2! :) 

Given that this Discussion is almost two years old and there has been no progress report on either of the guitars, they are probably languishing in the queue for attention. 

boogieman said:
    Good luck getting Harry to part with anything, you’d have to pry it from his cold dead fingers.  :)
    Alternatively, try offering H7 weird 'n' wonderful music gear items in a value-for-value exchange.

Be seeing you.