Crosstown Traffic (by Jimi Hendrix) Kazoo?

What's Hot
So, I've heard stories about this track having a kazoo.
So last night I got this.

and I'm kind of proud...
(I mean, it was the middle of the night and I had my amp switched to 1 Watt mode so forgive the quietness of the video) but yeah.
Next comes practise and vocals because I tried, it's alright, but then getting my head around the guitar was fun still...
I mean... i started learning this last night, hence me feeling good about 'what I've got'.
Then looking on the hashtag #crosstowntraffic on instagram I found a video that made me question the whole kazoo.

I mean, can a kazoo even get 'high enough'?
IDK, I've never tried, 've been tempted on a occasion to fork out a couple of pounds to buy a cheap plastic kazoo sold in a jar of cheap plastic kazoos on the assumption  that if I bought it, I'd be able to do Crosstown Traffic on it.
IDK...
Then I saw people/famous people (people who's released songs that I've heard of) using vocals in loo of a kazoo

I see people playing it with a riff (like me) on a guitar too...

and then there's this..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KDSKDS Frets: 220
    I thought it was a comb and cigarette paper to get sound on cross town traffic
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited January 2018
    KDS said:
    I thought it was a comb and cigarette paper to get sound on cross town traffic
    @KDS you're a genius!

I would never have thought of that; cheers @KDS, it works!

- I mean it was just lucky for me that I had both of these things to hand, but, yeah.
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited January 2018