SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: MojoAxe compensated wraparound bridge

What's Hot
bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
Thought I'd ask before ordering one from the US...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Bump.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    I managed to avoid Transatlantic shipping costs, import duty and HMRC administration charges by buying a nearly new Mojoaxe wraparound bridge from an eBay member in France. (My elderly Melody Maker needed the "lightning bolt" type.) The downside is that I had to wait nine months for this opportunity to present itself.

I'm sure that there is a German manufacturer offering something very similar to the pre-compensated Mojoaxe design like the one illustrated in the OP. I cannot recall how the prices compare.

If the look and the sound of a one-piece bridge with no moving parts are important to you, the purchase will be worthwhile. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2018
    @Funkfingers - thanks, I have looked into other options, such as Faber and ABM, but think eventually I'll go with the MojoAxe bridge.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Understandable.

Apart from the necessary alteration to the "lightning bolt" intonation ridge to accommodate modern string sets, my Mojoaxe replacement bridge is a dead ringer for the original.

Purchase with confidence. Enjoy.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Bump.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    I know you've already discounted Faber but I have one Tone Bar left at £29, that's 40% off!

http://www.amberguitar.com/home/97-faber-tone-bar-compensated-wrap-tailpiece.html

Might tide you over.  :)
    edited March 2018
    Hi @streethawk,

I have indeed looked at that option, but I remember that @photek once mentioned that he had one like that, and that the brass bars added extra height to the tailpiece, which impacted on how low you could get the string action, even with the studs screwed in as low as they could go?

Do you perhaps know how much that height difference might be, between this and a stock Gibson tailpiece?

Found that thread:  
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/111283/wrap-around-bridges (4th comment down).
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Interesting point, probably a couple of mm, I'll measure the ridges tomorrow.

I know Bridgehouse liked the one I sent to him for testing out. Didn't seem to have any height issues.

Incidentally, I have some Faber locking wraparound studs on clearance too, not sure they're even listed on the Faber site yet.

http://www.amberguitar.com/studs-and-bushes/276-faber-59-locking-wraparound-tailpiece-studs.html

Ok, thanks.

I saw those locking studs, yes.  The tailpiece on the stock Gibson studs does have a bit of upwards lean to it.
    Bump - still looking for one, or something similar like the ABM 3021: