Short Review: Laney AH4x4

Hi. Since I've asked a few questions in this forum about acoustic amps for busking, I thought it polite, and I hope, interesting to let you know what I bought.
I bought a Laney AH4x4 battery/mains 35w PA thingy. 

Why did I go for it?
It.s capable of running off 3x1860's 8x AA's, (or is it 6?), and mains. It's fairly small, and as it sits vertically, it has a small "footprint", as they say.
It lacks bells and whistles, but does have 4 inputs, which are XLR/Quarter inch x2, stereo quarters, (L&R), and aux/bluetooth.
FX wise, it has an understated reverb/echo.

"Ow does it 'andle?" as the bikers used to say..... Well, I tested it on mains power, while 3 18650's charged, (took 8 hours), and found it to be clear and simple. It's loud enough, but no hall filler, (more on output a little later).
I tested the bluetooth, though doubt I'll ever use it, and found it to be easy to connect and reliable, (paired with an old Samsung Note 3).

Output:
To keep my neighbours happy, 50% on the channel gain and 50% on the master volume was quite enough from my passive L R Baggs M1.
Taking it outside, I abandoned it temporarily 50 feet from the house and fed it some bluetoothed John Martyn. With the phone output at 75% and the Laney at about 75%, I began worrying about complaints... It got loud!

The batteries.
3x 18650 are supposed to run this beasty for about 20 hours, (yes, TWENTY). I don't know yet, but I've run it for 3 hours with no signs of a problem, and suspect, (with quality batteries, and not at full blast), it might do it.  I'm guessing, (based on experience of 18650's), that ay full blast, it'll run about 4 hours,

.... And
And it looks good, has a pole mount option, can be laid on it's side, and it's quite cheap.

I like it.

Hope you find this interesting. Please feel free to ask any questions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom