Tomorrow I get to watch my own band

What's Hot
Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
It's my first gig since my hernia op tomorrow and cos it's only been 2 weeks I've decided to take it easy and  only do the first set. Then I'm gonna sit myself down, have a few beers and watch my own band with a very talented dep taking my place. Probably gonna feel a bit strange but I'm quite looking forward to it. Anyone else been in a similar situation ?
www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I take it all the David Lee Roth style high kicks happen in the second set then??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    There will be none from me on the first set, feels like I've been stabbed in the stomach and balls are black & blue :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    simonk said:
    I take it all the David Lee Roth style high kicks happen in the second set then??
    Lixarto is depping for you?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've seen my own band. I had surgery on my head and I saw a dep play. I wasn't worried about losing my place as he wasn't very good but I did remember thinking how lucky we were with the singer. 

It's an odd feeling seeing your own band. 
    The guy dep'ing for me is very good and only about 20 years old ... it's frightening how good some youngsters are these days

I doubt he has the same skills required to keep a 10 year old Ford Transit on the road with no maintenance budget though so I reckon my band position is safe :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    Danny1969 said:
    The guy dep'ing for me is very good and only about 20 years old ... it's frightening how good some youngsters are these days

I doubt he has the same skills required to keep a 10 year old Ford Transit on the road with no maintenance budget though so I reckon my band position is safe :)
    lol

That reminds me of the first proper band I was in. It was a straight choice between me and another guitarist - he was much better than me, but I had a PA and a car... and he didn't drive.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yep owning the PA is the band equivalent of being a "Made Guy" ...... you can't whack the guy who owns the PA without a serious sit down as the consequences are very serious :) 

I quite enjoyed myself on Saturday. I played the first set sat on a stool and then sat with my wife getting drunk while watching my dep do a great job .... than unable to help load out was back home by 12 which never happens on a Sat night 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    Danny1969 said:
    It's my first gig since my hernia op tomorrow and cos it's only been 2 weeks I've decided to take it easy and  only do the first set. Then I'm gonna sit myself down, have a few beers and watch my own band with a very talented dep taking my place. Probably gonna feel a bit strange but I'm quite looking forward to it. Anyone else been in a similar situation ?
    I did a gig a week after being discharged from a major op + complications.  When I was sure I had it in me to play the bloody guitar, I said as long as I could sit down for the duration a gig should be fine. That was dep'ing for a band I used to be in, but I'd seen them with the new guy too.