Empress Zoia

What's Hot
meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    That's just a prop from Dr.who. it can't actually do that. 
    If it can, then it's witch craft.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks very interesting. Like a multi fx
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    That looks bonkers. Well above my comprehension, tbh (or at least, too complex for the amount of free time I have to learn to work stuff), but I’m very glad Empress exists :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I can't really get my head around this - it seems like a M/FX with an ableton push style interface.
    Looking forward to seeing a lot more of this one.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    edited January 2018

@Paul_C This could be your mini-board.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672

It looks like fun, although re-creating a sound would need a folder full of notes ;)

Empress stuff can be pretty pricey though, not sure I can afford one.

I've got a MicroKorg which you can run a guitar through, though I can't remember how . . .  and a Tenori-On which makes silly noises - all will get used one day!

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Paul_C said:

It looks like fun, although re-creating a sound would need a folder full of notes ;)

Empress stuff can be pretty pricey though, not sure I can afford one.

I've got a MicroKorg which you can run a guitar through, though I can't remember how . . .  and a Tenori-On which makes silly noises - all will get used one day!

It looks like there is a save function. One of the icons is a disc . I saw anticipated price is 450 usd.
  • molokaiomolokaio Frets: 10
    edited January 2018
    so cool! this is really more than  just a multifx.
    it can generate lfos, envelopes and stuff to control parameters of other pedals, 5 track looper, reverb, delay, filler, bitcrushing... probably a sequencer and an instrument. very very cool... and I assume very very difficult.
    can't wait for more info and demos

• This pedal is going to haunt my dreams.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672
    edited January 2018

There's a new Alexander Pedals device that has caught my eye

and the Dwarfcraft Ghost Fax looks interesting too :

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    That new Alexander pedal reminds me of the Bitquest a little bit.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    I've been trawling for information on the zoia.
    £479 pre order only from Anderton rich tone and someone else I forgot.

Apparantly release was delayed as originally it was designed to build guitar effects from scratch. It now has modules so you can use the phaser one for example or build one from scratch after an degree course in electrical engineering.

Everything can be stored to presets and foots witches. So you could program it to play a sequence on one patch drum machine on another and guitar stuff on another. Forgot the looper... 

So the application for me is that if you wanted to perform a song with a sequence intro like over and over by hot chip you could. Or sequence the intro drone to pure morning.

For song writing this could be inspiring and as you can save stuff you don't have to try and recreate the sounf you had with a fuzz factory robotalk and dmm it's saved. 

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I'm still excited about this. The wait has been a long one
  • I'm still excited about this. The wait has been a long one
    It does look amazing.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Did someone put acid in their coffee? My experience of Empress is that they produce very well made but slightly boring effects for conservative, professional music types; you'll rarely find anything wild or wacky lurking at the end of one of their pots. And now this?... Looks like one of those boxes where you could spend hours reading the manual or just mix and match the pretty colours and hear what fate has in store.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Have you owned a super delay?
    Or a multi drive?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    JezWynd said:
    Did someone put acid in their coffee? My experience of Empress is that they produce very well made but slightly boring effects for conservative, professional music types; you'll rarely find anything wild or wacky lurking at the end of one of their pots. And now this?... Looks like one of those boxes where you could spend hours reading the manual or just mix and match the pretty colours and hear what fate has in store.
    To be fair, the Empress Ecosystem is an incredibly creative device...
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Or a multi drive?
    I've had the Multidrive, Comp, EQ, Phaser and Trem. All excellent tools - mostly aimed at studio types I thought. It's not a criticism of them, more an observation that this is outside their usual playing field.
    Or a multi drive?
    Or the phasor and tremolo, both of which go well beyond standard sounds if you want.
  • Super delay is a good pedal 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey