SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All sold: MJW £399/£425 shipped, PAN Attenuator £SOLD Peavey £SOLD Dr Z £Sold

jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 734
edited February 2018 in Amps £
Subtext: my wife is sick of all the 'ugly black boxes' and wishes I had just one box - luckily she's happy for me to spend a good bit of cash on a new amp, so long as I get 'the right one' and it doesn't look ugly - but I need to unload this lot first!

Trade-wise, I might consider a 20w or under combo that isn't black, or a USA Jazzmaster but that's about it! I'm based in North Manchester but would drive a little to avoid posting any of these! Pictures at the bottom. Any questions please ask .

Peavey Encore 65 - £220 SOLD FOR £175
So, I got this as I worked out it has the same preamp as the amps Sonic Youth use and I generally like their tone. It fulfilled a lot of that but really feels like a pedal platform - flexible EQ, really tight bass and absolutely inhaled drive pedals, plus some nice reverb. It's a dual 6L6 amp, loads of volume and I'd much prefer it to a Hot Rod Deluxe!! Sounds great though I'd probably service it at some point soon to check it over - price reflects this. Comes with fitted cover.

Dr Z 2x10 Cab - £320 Now £310 NOW £275
Awesome, super versatile cab - can be open or closed back and these 10s are full and great (I'm happy to discuss selling this cab 'unloaded' so I can keep one or both of the speakers!). 8 ohm, 140w power handling. The blonde tolex is absolutely beautiful but has been a bit of a double-edged sword - my wife now realises not all amps are black and ugly!!

MJW V6-15 JTM/Bassman - £475 Now £450 Now £399
This is the one I've toyed with keeping, rehousing, somehow sneaking past the wife, but I think ultimately I want a bit of a change (and I know where Martin is if I want another!). This started life as a Roadstar but I got Martin to convert it to a similar design as the 'blues' mode on his V6-20 which is the JTM/Tweed Bassman thing, plus 6V6s. I've definitely tried to accentuate the bassman sound with a 12AT7 in the PI and a well broken-in Cannabis Rex speaker, but swap in a 12AX7 in the PI and a Greenback and it's properly in Marshall territory (the Chinese Greenback was the best!). I've gigged this for a good few years and (a) it's plenty loud enough to gig anywhere, even as a cleanish pedal platform and (b) has never let me down, not once. Awesome workhorse, someone will be very happy with it! Also willing to sell 'unloaded' for a bit less - I bloody love that speaker.

PAN Amplification 100w Attenuator (Dr Z Air Brake Clone) - £130 Now £120 Now £100 inc delivery SOLD
Bought this recently and have enjoyed using but prefer just using my little THR at home rather than having my amp attenuated at the highest setting (although I was pleasantly surprised by how well it did that!). Works great and looks funky.

MJW:
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments