SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD... 1981 Fender 75 Handwired 1 x 15 Combo £350 or trades for Strymon Lex pedal and £200 my way.

What's Hot
voxmanjohnvoxmanjohn Frets: 75
edited October 2018 in Amps £

Here is my Ed Jahns designed Fender 75 combo featuring its original Fender Eminence designed speaker. These amps either come equipped with an EVM15L speaker or like this one the Fender Eminence designed speaker. It also has its original 2 button footswitch for channel switching and its classic Fender reverb.

This is one great sounding amp. It has a few scars but what do you expect a 37 year old amp to look like! It has been revalved and serviced. I have owned this amp for two years and had no problems at all. I purchased this from a friend who got it from Aynsley Lister, I am aware that Chris @ Rift looks after all of his amps - I don't know if he serviced this one whilst Aynsley had it???

This amp is very versatile which holds lots of tones you can dial in. The eq controls have push/pull pots for eq boosts, all of which work as they should do. It also has the feature of switching between 75 watts and 15 watts.

As you probably know, these amps are becoming very difficult to come by in their original glory. Find me another totally handwired fender amp for this price. A lot are unaware of these amps as they were only made for two years.

FINAL PRICE DROP!!! £375 ONO.  Now £350 or trade for Strymon Lex Rotary pedal and £200 my way! SOLD!

Collection only from Leicester, it is far too heavy to ship. NO TRADES thanks!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    I seem to remember Chris Duarte used these and rated them highly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordiji said:
    I seem to remember Chris Duarte used these and rated them highly.
    It’s an amazing amp but I have 4 gigging amps and well... don’t need 4 gigging amps Ha ha! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited January 2018
    Jamie Moses (sessioner - Tom Jones, The Hollies, Olivia Newton-John, Brian May Band, The Illegal Eagles, Broken English, Queen's Jubilee house band, SAS Band, Paul Young's Los Pacaminos) used to use these when I used to watch him locally around Surrey and they sounded fantastic.

Great cleans and a decent lead sound and they were supposedly Fender's Boogie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for a gem of an amp! I will get round to posting photos.... Work seems to be getting in the way.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4774
    edited February 2018
    Lovely amps these, fancied one years ago and even had an eBay alert for them but they never cropped up (well only in the USA). I will say though that I thought they were Rivera designed? Have a free bump....

(My error, made during the Rivera era but Ed Jahns designed before his arrival)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Boromedic said:
    Lovely amps these, fancied one years ago and even had an eBay alert for them but they never cropped up (well only in the USA). I will say though that I thought they were Rivera designed? Have a free bump....

(My error, made during the Rivera era but Ed Jahns designed before his arrival)
    Yeh, a few people get confused if it’s a Rivera made or not. But you are right Ed Hans design before Rivera arrival. These seem to be rare as hens teeth. I’ve seen 2 for sale over the past year or so. One in a a music store price tagged at a ridiculous £900 and seen another (actually one of the later grey grilled front ones) go for £750.

someone is getting a bargain here at £600. Go find me another handwired Fender valve amp for £600. Bet there isn’t many ha! 

Cheers!
    John
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72250
    The Rivera series are all hand-wired too - they were the last until the Custom Shop. The Rivera series itself was mostly designed by Ed Jahns too - Rivera was a consultant rather than in charge.

As far as I remember all 75s originally came with a black grille - if there's one with grey it's been replaced. These are certainly rare amps now, and £600 for a fully-serviced one in good condition is a lot of amp for the money.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    The Rivera series are all hand-wired too - they were the last until the Custom Shop. The Rivera series itself was mostly designed by Ed Jahns too - Rivera was a consultant rather than in charge.

As far as I remember all 75s originally came with a black grille - if there's one with grey it's been replaced. These are certainly rare amps now, and £600 for a fully-serviced one in good condition is a lot of amp for the money.
    Thanks for that info. 

Re: Grey grille = Ahh, I did not know that. Just that I have seen quite a few with grey grilles - thought it was something they did at a later date.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72250
    voxmanjohn said:

Re: Grey grille = Ahh, I did not know that. Just that I have seen quite a few with grey grilles - thought it was something they did at a later date.
    It is possible, I could be wrong :).

This was around the time they went back to Blackface panels on the last of the Silverface amps too - leading to problems years later when people try to sell them as "Blackface" amps - so who knows what they were doing!

I had a 1981 "Blackface" Vibro-Champ once...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I had a 75 with the 15" speaker with a silver / grey / sparkly grill which I am sure was stock. They made these with a 12" as well. Very nice, especially the clean channel tone. 
  • Photos?
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    tFB Trader
    I know this amp, my apprentice David bought from Aynsley before flogging it on. It's a great sounding amp!
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• Yeh great amp @RiftAmps ;

Running it as we speak... reluctant to sell it... such a unique tone! 
  • Now with photos
  • Bump
  • This is neither here nor there @voxmanjohn - and I apologise for the lack of constructive comment on this otherwise very sensible thread - but that foot switch is devestatingly good. I mean look at it. Bloody lovely. GLWTS.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers @Placidcasual79 ;

I keep playing the amp even now! It just sings! Talks! 
  • Adding images:

1. click on original link
    2. Right-click on image
    3. Choose "Copy image address"
    4. Use to add picture to post

Like this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adding images:

1. click on original link
    2. Right-click on image
    3. Choose "Copy image address"
    4. Use to add picture to post

Like this:

Thanks, as I have no PC at the moment. I can’t seem to figure how to do this on my phone. I’m sure the links are working for people though?
  • BUMP and photos correctly uploaded.