PSA: Deal on Yamaha DSR115 Active Speakers

andyozandyoz Frets: 718
edited January 2018 in Live
This is a solid discount on one of the most popular active speaker about.  Next best online price is £950.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170824313796005--yamaha-dsr115-active-loudspeaker

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    The consensus seems to be that a pair of DXR10s or similar would be appropriate for guitar, a pair of 12's would be unnecessarily bassy.  Would anyone consider playing through a pair of DSR115s?  I appreciate these are primarily PA speakers... I'm just hypothesizing...
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, wouldn't use them for guitar.  Main reason I posted was for anyone looking for a band PA.

The 12" version DSR112 over subs are better FOH anyway and the DXR10 do seem to be good for guitar FRFR.

I just thought this was a solid deal for someone that really wants 15" tops for a band PA
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Maybe they’re being discounted because enough people have realised that 15” tops are a bad idea...

If 12”s won’t produce the lows you want then you need subs, not bigger tops which still won’t go low enough.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited January 2018
    I noticed Guitar Guitar also cleared their 12" stock a few weeks back. I haven't noticed anyone else doing it though. I did think it signalled a potential new model as the DSR is nearly 7 year old design.

They really caught the competition on the hop when they released it.  Their processing was ahead of the pack at that price point. Solid cabinets and drivers