Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Wow and wow again ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    edited February 2018
    Best of luck with your new purchase @Norwegian_blue. Not sure why I feel the need to know but what happened to the end of the body behind the string anchors?  How would a bass get to badly worn in that area?  Please don't take my comments in a critical way, I am just curious.  I presume that the instrument is a real old bass, early 60s and the rust is real....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Awesome.
  • Rocker said:
    Best of luck with your new purchase @Norwegian_blue. Not sure why I feel the need to know but what happened to the end of the body behind the string anchors?  How would a bass get to badly worn in that area?  Please don't take my comments in a critical way, I am just curious.  I presume that the instrument is a real old bass, early 60s and the rust is real....
    Nothing is what it seems....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2018
    Limelight basses are reliced, but they do seem to have a good reputation. I nearly bought one, and they would look great on stage.

How does this one play? I think the concept is a British equivalent of Nash Guitars.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 390
    edited February 2018
    Oh yeh! Very nice  
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Congratulations man - Love me a P Bass!
  • @Rocker I wish it was original! It's built by Limelight basses, down near me in Teignmouth! I wasn't really looking for a relic but I played a few of his and they really impressed me, so spec'd this one out! @Freebird it plays beautifully! He certainly wanted to create a British alternative to Nash and Bravewood, but takes his time over them in turn, and doesn't seem to see it as a profit exercise either! It's more convincing and nicer to play than either of the above I've played in the past. Always nervous to order something but this has turned out to be a great choice!
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Bravewood is British ?

This looks a quality bass, limelight look like someone to look up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Man, that is bloody gorgeous
  • wow - is it a relic'd usa model or a custom build ?
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

Glad yours worked out @Norwegian_blue ;

I really liked the look of what he was making and picked up one of his Precision's on Bass chat.  Had it for a year or so.  Never settled with it as it was very neck heavy.  Wasn't keen on the finish "in the flesh", which was a very thin white nitro coat over what was a very thick poly sunburst i.e. suspect the body was a Squier or the like.  Pickup was cheap tat, thin and "clicky", a proper fender Pickup improved the sound considerably, as did putting decent pots in it.  The "ageing" of the metal parts was heavily overdone, so much so that the saddles would not adjust as they were rusted solid, had to cut them off with a Dremel and replace.  The tuners were very stiff and "gritty" there was so much rust on them, a weekend bath in penetrating oil sorted them out, fortunately.  Sold it to a guy in Denmark who was delighted with it, so maybe it was just me, though I'd sorted out most of its issue before I sold it on.  Wouldn't have another one.

this was it, number 125: 

• JMP220478 said:
    wow - is it a relic'd usa model or a custom build ?
    Not sure what his parts source is but I think it's the same as most, Allparts or USCG! @ESchap That's a real shame that you had a bad experience.... I went down and played several before going with him, and all were superb, and balance well. Tonally very similar to my JV which I love, no idea what the pickups are but works for me! Mine is a good 100 or so further down the line so maybe they've refined them a bit!