SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Duesenberg Fairytale or Pomona Lap Steel.

PC1971PC1971 Frets: 372
edited February 2018 in Guitars £
Just seeing if there are any about. Thanks. pc ;-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Pomona I bought new, which isn't getting used, I could be interested in moving on.

It has the Duesenberg case and is pretty much as new.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    jazzphil said:
    I have a Pomona I bought new, which isn't getting used, I could be interested in moving on.

It has the Duesenberg case and is pretty much as new.
    oooh
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430

I've not seen the Pomona before. It has some interesting features - the Hipshot-style bridge and the type of capo normally associated with square-neck resos, albeit captive.

How did you find it to play @jazzphil and did you make much use of those features?

• The bridge I use a lot, the levers work well and very accurately, great for country, but I don't play country, so I only use it occasionally.  The Duesenberg also has a roller nut and the best tuners I've ever used which add markedly to using the levers.

All in all one of the best made instruments I've owned.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    I nearly got one on ebay at Christmas, it went for £600
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I nearly got one on ebay at Christmas, it went for £600
    That was quite a bargain for an instrument with a street retail price of around £1,400. Very nice guitar but.......

The Duesenberg Multibender can be picked up for 200 quid and fitted to any guitar, lap or regular electric, for those pedal steel licks. Hipshot have had a similar unit for years. I’ve sometimes thought of fitting one to my cheaper lap steel but at the end of the day that particular country sound is not really my thing.