Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vintage Star Wars collectors, lets talk!

What's Hot

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    So would it be sacrilege to buy some old Star Wars toys....and them let my kids play with them?

Not at all - they're toys and designed to be played with.

It's the equivalent of buying a guitar and keeping it in the case never letting it make music

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm good friends with a guy who organises the conventions in the north of England.. he could help you no end I'm sure.. he's on FB friends list.. if you want his details let me know...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    FarleyUK said:
    I gave all mine away when I was 11. I had the Ewok village, AT-AT, Falcon etc.

Still can't believe how stupid I was. Damn those charity events.
    I never met anyone with the ewok village.  I remember the christmas I had been talking all year about the At At and when I opened the big box and got the rebel transporter instead I lost a lot of love for the star wars toys...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It still breaks me out in s cold sweat when I remember the day I ripped up and threw out my big stack of Kenner back cards and boxes. I also seem to remember throwing out tons of old guitar catalogs that day. Hindsight eh?
  • munckee said:
    FarleyUK said:

I never met anyone with the ewok village.  I remember the christmas I had been talking all year about the At At and when I opened the big box and got the rebel transporter instead I lost a lot of love for the star wars toys...
    this ^

what a shite toy, lol.. I wanted an AT-AT!!!  All my stuff was pawned to buy computer stuff

will buy a lego one eventually..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• A mate of mine swapped his collection for a bag of chips. Cnut. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    I have a Darth Vader Big Fig and a Stormtrooper Big Fig Star Wars figurines.

In addition, I have Superman Big Fig, two different Batman Big Fig figurines - one in total black costume and the other in grey with black cape, - and an Ironman Big Fig. These were bought from Smyth Toys at greatly reduced prices.

I met up with a friend on Sunday at the Kempton Park Toy Fair: 

https://www.rmtoys.co.uk/pages/kempton-park-toyfair

There were vendors there with Toys Wanted signs on their stalls.  

munckee said:
    FarleyUK said:

this ^

what a shite toy, lol.. I wanted an AT-AT!!!  All my stuff was pawned to buy computer stuff

will buy a lego one eventually..

I remember distinctly my parents justifying their decision by saying "yeah but it also doubles as a carry case for your toys" - because that's important to a kid!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    My mum put my collection in the bin shed ‘for safe keeping ‘ .... you can guess what happened. :'(
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12317
    A dealer will be looking to make a tidy profit, so if your lot is worth 10k he will probably offer 5 or 6, a big hit but he will be able to shift it and you may not, or you might be able to but with even more of a loss.  Its a gamble.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • I've got a box full of figures and a millennium falcon, b-wing and scout walker etc that I’ve been thinking of selling. 

But I'm right now watching a new hope with my 5 year old daughter, the first time she has seen it. It’s a strangely moving, magical experience seeing her being so captivated by it. It truly is timeless. I suspect she will now be wanting the toys! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a box full of figures and a millennium falcon, b-wing and scout walker etc that I’ve been thinking of selling. 

But I'm right now watching a new hope with my 5 year old daughter, the first time she has seen it. It’s a strangely moving, magical experience seeing her being so captivated by it. It truly is timeless. I suspect she will now be wanting the toys! 

It’s a great time to be a Star Wars loving Dad. I loved watching them with my kids, especially the big reveal in Empire, my lad had no idea so watching him watching it was amazing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Seriously, man, talk to Vectis or one of the other auction houses - you'll get top dollar...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

I've got a box full of figures and a millennium falcon, b-wing and scout walker etc that I’ve been thinking of selling. 

There is always the splice method of suggested watching, allegedly the best order to watch them in for best enjoyment is 4,5,2,3,6 and then now 7 and 8 on the theory that 1 is garbage and adds nothing (except darth maul of course) and in this order the story is all about annakin's redemption.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    munckee said:

There is always the splice method of suggested watching, allegedly the best order to watch them in for best enjoyment is 4,5,2,3,6 and then now 7 and 8 on the theory that 1 is garbage and adds nothing (except darth maul of course) and in this order the story is all about annakin's redemption.
    I think 1 is worth watching (after 5 obviously) if you're going to do 2 and 3 - it's the least-bad visually of the prequels, if nothing else.

Interestingly my daughter raised a good point about this order though - there's a slight spoiler in that you know Yoda and Obi-Wan are going to survive in 6 because they're in 4 and 5. So really there's no perfect order.

Other than 4, 5, 6, Rogue One, of course :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

In fact watch Rogue one, 4, 5, then watch no. 6 cutting out the ewoks and you have the best star wars sequence!
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited February 2018
    Interesting idea but I want my daughter to experience the original trilogy first, untainted by the prequels, as we all did. We've now done 4 and 5 and there is no way were not going to watch ROTJ next! And she’s going to love the ewoks. She’s not too bothered about plot intricacies, it’s all about the goodies v baddies :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I suppose the totally unnecessary replacement of Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen at the end will require some explanation, but that’s probably the only flaw in that plan...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Interesting idea but I want my daughter to experience the original trilogy first, untainted by the prequels, as we all did. We've now done 4 and 5 and there is no way were not going to watch ROTJ next! And she’s going to love the ewoks. She’s not too bothered about plot intricacies, it’s all about the goodies v baddies :) 
    Then download the untainted originals. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

Yummy :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Id totally try and sell individually if you can. Certainly any items worth more than say £20, and then maybe you could offload £200 worth of "lesser" items. Resellers will just fleece you (it's their job). I think ebay is OK for selling to be honest. You have to factor in the fees, but market value is generally achieved ime. Detailed pics will be a must though.