NEDKD - Solved a problem!

LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
edited February 2018 in Other Instruments
I do several evenings a week at a local council run youth centre. Mainly it's using music to build confidence and self esteem etc. I have a low confidence group on a Tuesday where they're learning how to play and sing all the different parts of a song, a Thursday SEN group which is much more about just getting kids to join in with singing or drum circle type activities, and the Friday night group which is much tougher because it's very busy, and the kids are more boisterous / confident. 

The music room, which is basically now mine, had an acoustic drum kit in it which is battered and a bit shit. Far too loud for the room and meant that if one of the more problematic lads came in and decided to pound away, not even vaguely in time to whatever music we were doing, it just became pointless. 

My solution was installed last night, and the acoustic kit chucked in a locked cupboard.

Carlsbro CSD 130 electric drum kit, straight to the pa system I use in the room, meaning if one of them decides to be twatty I can just turn the volume down. It worked a treat last night, and a very good price for a decent but compact kit that I can fold up and put in my car. 

No pictures of the actual kit as obviously no photos allowed at the club, but here are some stock images

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool. Out of interest are the cable easy enought to be replaced if they go?
  • Cool. Out of interest are the cable easy enought to be replaced if they go?
    I think you have to buy the whole cable unit again as it's a one piece. They're available though and not prohibitively expensive. I accept that there will be some replacement of equipment over the months given the type of kids I'm working with, and allow for that in my session fees. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you