Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Winter Olympics

What's Hot
Pretty impressive opening ceremony, notable for the inclusion of the Russians allowed to compete as the Olympic Athletes of Russia (no Russian flag and no Russian anthem if they win anything!). And most impressive, the Koreans entering the stadium as a single team under a single flag.

Image result for korean olympic flag

Been watching ski jumping, ice hockey, speed skating and snowboarding so far. Looking forwards to the Downhill and Big Air later on in the proceedings.
littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Watched the first medal race in the women's skiing this morning and then ice hockey and either luge or skeleton (not sure of the difference).

My niece had trials for the ice hockey but she is a bit young, hopefully she might make the next one.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Luge you ride downhill on your back, skeleton it's on your stomach 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Loved the snow boarding this morning (slope style?). 
  • munckee said:
    Watched the first medal race in the women's skiing this morning and then ice hockey and either luge or skeleton (not sure of the difference).

My niece had trials for the ice hockey but she is a bit young, hopefully she might make the next one.
    ‘Twas the luge this morning.. I think luge is always the first to use the track. As @snakemanStoo say luge is on back and they start on the sled, skeleton is a run and dive head first onto sled.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Love the Winter Olympics. Watched as much as I could today. Same again tomorrow hopefully 
  • I was hoping that Kim Jong Un's sister was better looking than he is. Seems not :(
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Luge you ride downhill on your back, skeleton it's on your stomach 
    Wouldn't it make more sense to ride down on some sort of sledge.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2948
    Will there be a USA Vs Russia hockey match this time around? That was always the bit I liked to watch. Not having TV anymore I need to find somewhere on-line.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I much prefer the winter olympics..
    especially the ice hockey...

I think it's really cynical that North Korea is allowed to get in on all this after South Korea was prepared to lay it on alone and went on to cough up all the cost  and effort to prepare the event...
    and also South Korean athletes being dropped from some teams and events in place of some North Koreans..
    then the silly fat wanker gets to go tell his people what a great job he's done...
    just seems wrong to me
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    In the grand scheme of things (the grand scheme specifically being: Don't get nuked), then I'd be prepared to tolerate letting the baby have his bottle from time to time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blobb said:
    Will there be a USA Vs Russia hockey match this time around? That was always the bit I liked to watch. Not having TV anymore I need to find somewhere on-line.
    As Russia aren’t technically there I guess not, although as their athletes are there then possibly yes. 
    Hope that’s clear. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Clarky said:

I think it's really cynical that North Korea is allowed to get in on all this after South Korea was prepared to lay it on alone and went on to cough up all the cost  and effort to prepare the event...
    and also South Korean athletes being dropped from some teams and events in place of some North Koreans..
    then the silly fat wanker gets to go tell his people what a great job he's done...
    just seems wrong to mbe
    Trump has defected to N.Korea? Didn't see that coming! 

I love the Winter Olympics, lots of it makes for great TV too- if you enjoy the cycling at the Summer games, I throughly recommend the short track speed skating. 
    I also look out for the snowboarding cross races where they all go together like in BMX racing- crashes and upsets galore- including one of the most memorable Olympic moments: watch till the end!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338

This looks like a map of the UK after every region has had it's claim for REMAIN granted...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Wouldn't it make more sense to ride down on some sort of sledge.
    That's just crazy talk.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    What time does the synchronised snow ball fight start? :)
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    57Deluxe said:

This looks like a map of the UK after every region has had it's claim for REMAIN granted...
    Funny, I saw it like this...

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Clarky said:

just seems wrong to mbe

I love the Winter Olympics, lots of it makes for great TV too- if you enjoy the cycling at the Summer games, I throughly recommend the short track speed skating. 
    I also look out for the snowboarding cross races where they all go together like in BMX racing- crashes and upsets galore- including one of the most memorable Olympic moments: watch till the end!

That's why your parents tell you not to be a show off!
  • This Discussion didn't get legs did it? 

My nephew is out there somewhere ( he works for the company that supplies team GB uniforms) so I'm trying to take a passing interest. The snowboarding stuff is quite amazing although the courses seem to be lined with giant nappies which I find a bit off putting. The scoring system is a complete mystery to me though. 
    My attempts at ice skating were pretty feeble so the speed skating is another one I get excited by.
    The BBC seem at a loss for appropriate commentators, it's either old school Alan Partridge/ it's a bad miss types or experts who are completely unable to explain things.Then it's back to the studio with Claire Balding to fill in a bit of time, possibly with the fifth discussion of the day about where curling stones are made.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    munckee said:
    Clarky said:

just seems wrong to mbe

That's why your parents tell you not to be a show off!
    WOW! threw away a GOLD MEDAL with an embarrassing attempt at showing off. That is possibly the most humiliating moment I've seen in sport!?!? How could you live that down?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Clarky said:

just seems wrong to mbe

awesome race...
    just shows... keep it simple and win.. the showboating really cost her..
    I bet she's gutted
    play every note as if it were your first