Danelectro font, anything close available

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited February 2018 in Making & Modding
Anyone know of a computer font that closely resembles this Danelectro logo please.....

http://i.imgur.com/PTgb0b6.jpg
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72317
    edited February 2018
    Magneto Bold isn't too far away, but not that close either... (The lower case l in particular isn't.)

I'm sure it's some sort of 1950s electrical appliance or airline font, if it's not a totally custom logo.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    paulnb57 said:
    font
    Typeface.

A font is a case that contains type.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited February 2018
    paulnb57 said:
    font
    Typeface.

Thats really helpful, thanks!!   ;)
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Have you tried using FontSquirrel's match tool? Unfortunately you need to take your image and divide each letter up as they're when touching (like in the Danelectro logo) it doesn't work. Might be worth taking a few minutes to do it though?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2018
    @BigMonka sounds interesting, I'll investigate....

edit
    A quick try on th'iPad looks promising, thanks for the heads up, I'll fire up the Mac later....

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    This might get you there with a bit of wrangling https://www.dafont.com/khedive.font
  • @paulnb57 ;Boxer script could be close, especially if it can be in italics. It's definitely got the right vibe (it's the script the Foo Fighters used for their name on The colour and the shape album) 
    Thanks @SteveRobinson I think that will do nicely!.....

@flying_pie thanks Ill take a look

It only needs to close.....

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited February 2018
    paulnb57 said:
    font
    Typeface.

Actually, a font is a typeface in a particular size and style - ariel 12 italic is a font. :-)
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    @BigMonka ;
    a wisdom for a useful tool.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    notanon said:
    @BigMonka ;
    a wisdom for a useful tool.
    Yeah it's cool isn't it. I used to help friends with their websites and it was a useful way of finding fonts that you like, and then finding the related ones too.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.