SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: iMac mid 2010 27” i7, 16gb RAM 1tb SSD

PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2373
edited February 2018 in Misc £
It’s not quite ready for sale yet, but will be in a few days. 

Mid 2010 27” i7 iMac, upgraded to 16GB of RAM (Crucial), Sandisk 1tb SSD (fitted by me) in great shape. I’ve owned it from new, it still runs things like Logic Pro X without issue and works without fault, comes with full size wired keyboard and a Magic Mouse (battery version. 

Looking for around £600 collected from nr Hitchin or Watford (you won’t be able to see it working in Watford though, as I’d be at work). I still have the original box, so although heavy, easy enough to transport in a car. 

Open to sensible offers.

Dave. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2373
    Formatted, clean install of High Sierra installed and boxed ready for sale now, open to sensible offers :)
  • Cheeky question, I have an early 2009 imac and want to install a new hard drive ( an ssd). How hard is it to put a ssd in ? I've contacted a few peeps and they want £300 for an instal! GLWS
    Cheeky question, I have an early 2009 imac and want to install a new hard drive ( an ssd). How hard is it to put a ssd in ? I've contacted a few peeps and they want £300 for an instal! GLWS
    Hi @guitarmangler ;

I followed the ifixit guide, it tells you what tools you need, adaptors etc.. best to check that and see if you feel comfortable doing it :)

Dave. 
  • Thanks. I'll give it a go, then. Worse case I do it wrong and have to pay the money for someone to fix it anyway! 
  • Cheeky question, I have an early 2009 imac and want to install a new hard drive ( an ssd). How hard is it to put a ssd in ? I've contacted a few peeps and they want £300 for an instal! GLWS
    I bought the hard drive from Crucial and the install kit from OWC.  That way, the fan control works correctly.  Couldn't find anyone in the UK stocking the right kit (Late 2009) so imported it direct from the US.  Bit of a faff paying duty etc. but really chuffed with the end result.  Make sure you download a copy of your OS on a USB stick as the built-in recovery/install tools don't always work.  DAMHIK!  

Sorry to hijack the thread but have a bump for a great bit of kit at a very good price.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    There is a neat app available to regulate the fan for a standard hard drive.

http://exirion.net/ssdfanctrl/ ;

That worked for me.
    Bump ahead of the weekend. Reasonable offers considered :)