SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : Eventide Mixing Link

BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
edited February 2018 in FX £
This is an incredible box of tricks that is capable of a huge range of applications and they rarely come up for sale.

For me, its killer application was to provide a switchable effects loop for an amp without one. It will take a balanced mic feed so you get the sound of your time/ modulation effects POST pre-amp AND power amp. I used it with an Orange Rocker 30 head. You can either mic up your cab and take the feed from the mic into the Mixing Link or, do what I did and take a feed off of a DI run from the speaker out on the amp (I used a Palmer Junction). Stick your delays and 'verbs in the loop of the mixing link and enjoy!

Masses of applications/ uses including: 
* High Quality Mic preamp
* A/B switcher with ground lift 
* Headphone Practice amp 
* Sing through stombox effects pedals 
* Mixer for multiple sources 
* Signal splitter- 1 instrument to 2 amps 

This is a fraction of what it can do. It's worth checking out the manual here: http://www.eventideaudio.com/products/accessory/mic-pre-fx-loop/mixinglink

Boxed in superb condition, with power supply and manual. £160 delivered assuming PPG or bank transfer payment.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have you tried using it as a headphone amp? If so, what was the quality like?
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Haven't tried it as I have a load of other practise options. Was there something specific you wanted me to try? ie. clean or with pedals etc.?

My main use for it was for adding effects post pre and power amp on an amp without an effects loop and it worked brilliantly for that. It's worth looking at the manual as it is hugely capable. Happy to try the headphone amp thing if you let me know what you need.
  • It looks interesting to me for two applications:

Guitar into pedalboard then from the last pedal (Big Sky) going into the Mixing Link and using it as a headphone amp I can use my pedal with.

Using the FX loop for all mod/delay/reverb.

@BintyTwanger77 ; I've just tried it clean  straight in and it's fine. I also tried it coming out of a reverb (Zoom MS70CDR) which also sounded OK. Bear in mind there is no speaker sim on it, so when I tried it through a Boss SD-1 , it sounded as you would expect an SD1 to sound straight into a mixer. In all the above, I ran guitar to effect pedal and from pedal to instrument in on the mixing link. Headphones plugged into the headphone socket.

The great thing is that you can adjust input gain and headphone volume separately. 

The other really useful feature is that the footswitch for the fx loop can be set up as momentary or latching via a simple toggle on top of the pedal. 
    Let me know if you have any more questions .
    Bumpage
    edited February 2018
    Up to the top for the super versatile mixing link...It's in superb condition - even the manual is still sealed in the packet! Now SOLD via Ebay.